What did you think of Money in the Bank 2022?

Join us for our live POST Show immediately after the main event at YouTube.com/POSTwrestling

Brian in New Jersey

I thought this show really picked up in the second half. Fantastic tag title match to which I’m all for the teased rematch, and an incredible main event, what I’d think was among the best MITB ladder matches. The women’s match was more of a mess to me, but I thought the finish to it was very nicely done, as was Liv Morgan’s cash-in, coming off as a big deal here. Theory winning the men’s match sounded like major heat, but I don’t expect him to play a big part in Wales, so I can see him getting decimated at SummerSlam on an attempted cash-in. Thumbs up on the strength of the second half.

Thank you for confirming that SummerSlam theme is from Kid Rock. It sounded wretched.

Mannie from Pacoima

So Theory wins, do you have any guess as to why he was added to the match? Money in the bank felt kind of like a skippable show with the only highlights being, the tag title match, liv cashing in, and the edge vignette.

Given they showed jeff’s armbands, the dudley’s glasses, Kurt’s medal, and a plate saying latino heat its safe to say edge is gonna keep the dark gimmick. I’d probably give this show a 5/10

With liv being champion does she now become a member of the smackdwon roster? Will ronda face her at summerslam? Also can you see theory have a successful cash in?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Matt from Tennessee

Why can’t WWE do slow gradual pushes instead of going balls deep with a push? I’ve been fine with Theory so far bur I’m not a fan of him winning the MITB. There were so many better stories to be told with other wrestlers in the match winning. Other than that, I was meh on the show overall. The womens ladder match was terrible but was happy with Liv winning, and her cash in was a great moment as well. You could tell that was legit passion on her face, thats when wrestling is at its best. Other than that, not much to say about this one. Vast difference in the quality of this show compared to Forbidden Door

2 Likes

Nas

While I think this was one of WWE’s better booked show, the show definitely lacked some star power, especially the women’s MITB match. The women gave it their all but it was definitely not a very good ladder match and botchy. Love the fact that Liv is champion but the execution of the cash in wasn’t that great. The match wasn’t grueling enough that Ronda would get beaten in a minute.

The tag match was the highlight of the show. I have no problems with Theory winning. It’s perfect for his heel run. However they shouldn’t have closed the show with it. Liv winning should have closed the show.

Do you guys know where’s Bayley?

Overall the show was, as MJF would say “mid”. The highlight was absolutely the tag match, particularly the last two thirds, after an initial slow stretch that went just a bit longer than it should have. Nevertheless, the build afterward was well-worth watching.

Liv finally feels like she’s really over with fans, much more so than when she was feuding with Becky. The women’s ladder match was mostly a mess but the result was good.

Having Liv cash-in on Ronda made her feel like an even bigger deal and a rematch at Summer Slam seems like an opportunity to turn Ronda heel, where I think she’d be a better fit. Still, it’s pretty annoying that Carmella remains the only woman to hold the briefcase for more than a day. They should be using it to build stories and anticipation.

I can’t tell if Theory is getting heel heat or go-away heat.

Just took a scroll through Liv Morgan’s history in Wrestling. In 2015 she debuts under names Gionna Daddio and Marley before finally settling on Liv Morgan. In her first year, she loses on TV to Eva Marie and Emma and pairs with some Horsewomen and Carmella. In 2016 she loses on TV to Nia Jax, Bayley, Billy Kay Asuka. She did have some wins, but she mostly loses. 2017, not on TV that much (when I say TV I mean NXT on the network) but then the call up. Long LIV the Riott Squad!!

Though usually the jobber on the team, at least she was on TV. Reppin’ the 201. Then came Ronda. And boy did Ronda rag doll Liv al over the world. Raw in Illionis. Tribute to the Troops 2018. Super Showdown in Melbourne Australia. If Ronda was in town, she was going to toss Liv around. In 2019 Ronda Rousey defeated Liv Morgan on Raw in 1:25. Ouch. Did it get better later in the year, nope, Becky Lynch then beat her in 1:18 in a Beat the Clock. One more loss from Charlotte in July and she was gone for the year. Not Livin’.

After whatever-the-heck-that-was-with-Lana, she was a consummate professional working all of 2020. As her friends were let go, she worked. Long Liv the Riott Squad.

She started to blossom in 2021. By the end of the year in December she had a 14:49 minute match against Becky Lynch for the title on TV. Lost, but cool. Again on Day 1. 16:57 in a loss vs. Becky. She was a contender, but not one that was seen at the level. And as the year went on she became more and more of a presence. In the chamber she stood out. At Judgement Day she went from 2oh1 to TooSweet.

Now, keeping in mind who she lost to earlier in the year (going back to December) - the MITB match finish was actually TOO SWEET. For fans of Liv, what a joy to see her nail a great finish and win the briefcase. To beat Bliss, Asuka and Carmella who she would pair with and lose to back in the early NXT days, not lost on the long time fan of Liv. Bliss sitting on the floor looking up smiling was beautiful to see.

And for it to be Ronda of all people to do the job, and lose the title to Liv cashing in. And to put her over on the way out of the ring. After Ronda established herself as a Women’s Division regular at the expense of ragdoll Liv. Chefs kiss.

I would love a Brian Mann type video telling Liv Morgan’s story. I know the WWE has some stuff with her. I’ll go back and watch it. I’m so happy for her. From her debut as a nobody wearing a 201 football jersey which made me laugh (I’m from the 201) on NXT to this moment. It’s really the kind of character story telling I wish was focused on. Cole did a nice job. This is the type of story arch I’d expect to read in comics. WWE should tell it retroactively. It’s a great arc IMO.

That there has been some great show of support online from her peers tells me what I think about Liv is correct - she’s been a fantastic teammate for so many other talent, as well as doing a lot to help others get to where they are (The Horsewomen, Asuka, Becky, Ronda). It’s really cool to see her get to this point with the support of her peers. Says a lot about her.

1 Like