This week, it’s Rewind-A-Wai #35 with a review of WWE New Year’s Revolution 2006 from Albany, New York.

This show was selected by Espresso Executive Producer @Sageinc1024.

Please leave any feedback or questions from this time period for our feedback section on the show.

WWE New Year’s Revolution
Sunday, January 8th, 2006
Albany, New York
*John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Kane vs. Carlito vs. Chris Masters in an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE title
*Triple H vs. Big Show
*Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James for the Women’s title
*Ric Flair vs. Edge for the Intercontinental title
*Jerry Lawler vs. Gregory Helms
*Shelton Benjamin vs. Viscera
*Bra and Panties Gauntlet match feat. Victoria, Torrie Wilson, Maria, Candice Michelle, and Ashley Massaro

Jesse from the 6

John & Wai, your initial review of this show released on the first day of 2014 is one of my all time favourites, so you’ve set the bar high for yourselves here. I wonder if, during this review, you hit the same talking points as last time.

Did you once again look up the work history of Thea Vidale (the actress who portrayed Shelton’s “Momma”)?
Did John like the Trips-Big Show match as much as last time? (I don’t think Wai ever really liked it.)
Did John criticize the inclusion of the Bra and Panties Gauntlet Match again? Did Wai defend it again?
Did you remark on Jerry Lawler ending the PPV by calling Lita “a slut”?

For me, I’ll always remember this show for Kurt Angle’s promo. It’s the perfect representation of Vince McMahon’s stupidity. Vince had a character the fans were cheering. Did he turn him face then? Of course not. He just made him say racist shit. What a stubborn asshole.

Take Care