What did you think of WWE Raw?

DD+, join us live at postwrestlingcafe.com

0 voters

I missed most of the first hour of the show since I was checking out Dark Elevation but what I did see seemed to be a modest improvement on the last couple of weeks. I thought Asuka and Shayna gave a great teaser of what they could do together (and I’m happy to know that Asuka is healthy) and I wish that they’d take advantage of the excuse for a feud that’s fallen into their lap and make that a program for Mania.

Sheamus and Lashley worked really well together and I thought that it did a good job of making Bobby look just a little more vulnerable than he has while still looking dominant. I can’t figure out why they didn’t hold off on announcing Drew vs Lashley for Mania and make his match with Sheamus a #1 contender’s bout. It feels like Fast Lane needs all the help it can get.

I’m also a little annoyed that they’re immediately elevating McIntyre vs Lashley to the main event of (I assume) night one of Mania. It feels like Sasha and Bianca have earned that slot.

With four weeks remaining until Mania, there was definitely a greater sense of narrative urgency throughout tonight’s episode. While it would’ve made sense to keep all the belts on The Hurt Business, I enjoy the idea of AJ & Omos attempting to dethrone WWE’s tag team mainstay in The New Day. Styles has been one of the most protected stars on any brand & deserved a big spot on the card.

These past few months have seen Sheamus at his absolute peak as an in-ring worker, & he had another tremendous showing with Lashley tonight. I’m glad he gets a promoted match with Drew on a PPV, & I hope he’s rewarded with a spot on the Mania card.

With no signs of part timers like Brock, Cena, & Undertaker, these main events need a no-nonsense build in order to feel massive. Drew & Bobby have to look titanic coming into April, so tonight felt like a step in the right direction.

I would also hereby like to start a petition for John & Wai to take Kofi’s advice, get that paperwork done, & officially register as a tag team. Feel like you guys would get a title shot in no time.

Reginald needs to get out. It’s overbooked AF that he’s front and center and it’s not doing Bianca and Sasha any favors.