What did you think of WWE Raw?

Double Double+ patrons, join us live at 11:15pm ET at postwrestlingcafe.com

0 voters

In our Best Vince McMahon overselling commentary voice - “The go-home RAW show for WWE’s flagship event of the year, WrrrrrresssstleMMMMAAAAANIAAAA!”

And this show had all the charm of Kid Rock rubbing his boner on you while lazily unleashing egg farts mixed with the odour of burnt hair.

I don’t think there is anything more inauthentic and disingenuous than a Braun Stroman promo claiming he was bullied his entire life by a geek half his size. At times, it’s hard to watch RAW without wondering if they are deliberately tone-deaf. Like the WWE Creative Brain trust is some subversive Kaufman-like genius dealing in pure self-parody. I know how far-fetched that is and always come back to my senses.

After all, this is a show with Matt Riddle barfing out several weed references and getting a big pyro ejaculation for kicking his slippers off.

This show was icky, and I feel grade 5 level D- report card stupid after watching it.

P.S. Nice to see World Wrestling COVID-Entertainment drop a PSA for public safety after months of outbreaks.

2 Likes

I watched RAW for the first time in a few years today. I’ve never watched one live since they went to three hours. I’m having trouble finding the words to describe how much I hated this show. No one on this show is likeable in the slightest, all the matches were nothing, and none of the Wrestlemania matches are hotter now then they were before this show. I watched the same Scott Stanford ad like 12 times. I’ve been broken.

0/10.

3 Likes

Alexander from Portland

Perhaps the worst WrestleMania go-home show I’ve seen. AJ Styles was one of the most protected men on RAW yet he’s losing weekly to build a tag-team title match. Guys like Braun Strowman, Riddle, Lashley, and Drew McIntyre were made to look strong by beating participants from the Andre battle royal. What baffled me most was the women’s representation on the show. Asuka looked foolish being turned on in a tag team match she never agreed to, but why would WWE book their champion to get pinned on the go-home show? The women’s gauntlet teams looked like utter dorks waiting their turn to argue in a backstage segment, yet one of those teams is having two WrestleMania matches this weekend. My silver lining: next week’s show is the RAW After Mania and I can’t see it being worse than tonight. 2/10 show

question: what kind of crowd reaction do you think Riddle will get at WrestleMania? I don’t know if the popularity of the BRO chant can overcome how irritating the character has been.

My excitement level for Mania is nearly unchanged from watching this show, except that I’m glad the Miz Bunny match got switched to a tag team. Sadly, the go home show didn’t feel in any way special, just like a regular version of Raw with the same stories lumbering along.

I’m tempted to say that the problem is that the show is too long but it occurred to me tonight that this wouldn’t be as much of a problem if they used more of their roster (do more frequent call-ups from NXT if necessary) and had longer, more developed matches. Right now, the wrestling seems to be a quick feature between segments of a sketch comedy show. (And not a well-written one.)

And for the love of god, stop letting Vince and his team write for Riddle. We get it, no one on the writing staff has ever smoked pot in their life. Maybe it’s time they did because it’s not like it would make the scripted portions worse.

Sounds like I missed quite a show. A 2.87 is getting into truly abysmal territory, even for the forum.