What did you think of WWE Raw?

0 voters

DD+ patrons, join us at postwrestlingcafe.com

Another complete joke of a show although I will admit I fast forwarded through most of it. Rhea is so boring to me, she seems like a complete afterthought as champ. I hated the Alexa Bliss segment as well.

Why on earth wouldn’t Drew just pin Lashley when he heard Braun’s music after the claymore? He still had plenty of time. Makes the top baby face seem like such a dummy, good thing it’s a meaningless match like all of this show. It was so obvious the whole time Braun was going to interfere. Great build for this feud…

Sorry for the negativity, I really want to enjoy weekly wrestling like I do on Wednesday nights. I’m so glad you do this show which I love or I probably wouldn’t even pvr it anymore lol back to hockey it is for tonight. This raw was 0 Felix Potvins out of 5.

John who do you have this weekend Chandler or Da Bronx?

Alexander from Portland

Tonight’s show moved fast but there isn’t much else that I liked. Asuka got the pin in the tag match but felt like a complete afterthought after being blindsided by Charlotte. Rhea and Asuka can’t have a normal one-on-one match because both are too easily distracted by Charlotte on commentary. Drew McIntyre might have had his match won but was distracted by Braun Strowman’s theme. Reginald provided a distraction, Miz ran interference; is it too much to ask for a good, decisive wrestling match in a three-hour show? Jeff Hardy feels so underutilized, here’s hoping he gets a chance to shine at Money in the Bank. My silver lining is Shelton Benjamin getting his first singles win on RAW since August 2020. 4/10 show

question: which show do you feel RAW did a better job building up: WrestleMania or WrestleMania Backlash?

The words of Stanley from The Office seem appropriate right now:

“The things you say, your actions, your methods, and style. Everything you… do, I would do it the opposite way… and the more I’ve gotten to know you, the less I’ve come to respect you.“

I’m not saying I could book a weekly 3-hour show, but if I had to, I know I’d do almost everything differently. Damian Priest has lost a lot of his momentum. The singles titles feel like a mess because of the repetitiveness and screwy endings. (There should be a rule that if you’re dumb enough to get distracted by music, you forfeit your place in the title picture.) None of the characters are very well-developed and you need at least a couple of strong characters to get people invested.

The most shocking thing to me is that this isn’t even the worst that Raw’s been in the last few weeks. Priest/ Morrison was good, the 8-man tag was pretty fun, and Drew and Lashley were doing fine until the interference and disqualification. The fault is rarely with the actual wrestling and you’d think that would make for a good wrestling show.

I really hope Humberto Carrillo isn’t too badly hurt because that landing looked awful.

Jay from Colorado

I don’t watch the WWE much anymore, occasionally I’ll catch some stuff from Smackdown, but almost never Raw. Tonight I had the show on in the background while I did housework. It somehow made the housework worse. I listen to your recaps every week so I’m caught up on the product, but I wasn’t prepared for how bad it was going to be.

I really want Raw to be better. I want it to be a must see show every week. I want to care about the competitors and the stories. I haven’t in a long time, and I still see no reason to come back. So thank you to both of you for sacrificing your time to recap Raw so the rest of us don’t have to suffer.

Hope Humberto is ok. Gospeed.

1 Like