What did you think of WWE Raw?

Double Double+ patrons, join us live on Zoom at postwrestlingcafe.com

0 voters

Brian in New Jersey

Like most weeks, Raw felt very long, even with that packed Chicago crowd. Parity booking hit the hat trick as Mace & T-Bar beat Ali & Mansoor, Lee beat Kross, and Nikki beat Charlotte. Kross can’t lose the NXT Title soon enough as he and Lee are both 1-2 these past three weeks. My high points were the main event, John Morrison, Miz, and Damian Priest in general, Ricochet resurfacing, and the brief instances of the crowd chanting for Wyatt. Also, WWE showing that if Dynamite can have a Gage, so can Raw. That kid grew up!

Spealing of Nick Gage, will we see any viewers or sponsors raise eyebrows at Nia Jax’s bloody face like they did at Gage’s match?

Andrew from Cape Breton

This was my first time watching Raw in awhile and first time with fans and it does seem like the crowd sweetening is pretty obvious. While the odd CM Punk and We Want Wyatt chant got through, they definitely tried to cover up some dead spots and other things. The clip with Drew is going around but it did seem the crowd did get into him attempting to kill people with a sword. I now want to see Drew cut a pizza with that sword for some reason. One compare and contrast I want to make is to AEW and hometown stars. It seems that with Lance Archer, Ricky Starks and now CM Punk and Britt Baker being pushed as hometown stars, AEW looks like its trying to build up hometowns to try and do repeat business in these markets. It reminds me of the days where PCO and other Quebecois wrestlers didn’t want to lose in Montreal. It seems silly but they had real drawing power and a guy like Mustafa Ali is just another guy, even with a big reaction in his hometown. Anyway, decent show, 5 out of 10.

2 Likes

Hook vs. Gage, call it.

1 Like

I was really hoping that we’d get a longer run before seeing the first apathetic crowd at a wrestling show. That’s not to say that there weren’t moments where they got excited, particularly towards the end of the main event but a lot of the time the faces in the audience just looked disinterested.

And I can’t really blame them. The thing that struck me was that much of the actual wrestling was below par. Normally, the in-ring is good to great on Raw but a lot of people seemed off their game tonight. Everything about this show seemed sloppy and clunky.

All in all, I think the Chicago crowd showed a lot of restraint: yes, there were some Punk and Wyatt chants but I think it could have been a whole lot worse.

Has anyone noticed that Matt Riddle’s entrance is somewhat of a riddle.

“THE ORIGINAL BRO, RIDDLE”
flip flops kick off and birds fly into the screen followed by a slo mo replay of the flip flop kick

Meh show, I was pretty bored for the most part. I am a defender of Goldberg in the sense that I do believe he can be a part of the show. The Dolph Ziggler Summerslam match a few years ago is a perfect example. I would have no problem with say the Miz cutting promo’s on Goldberg week after week only to have Goldberg kill him at a PPV, but to be in the main event, I have zero desire to see that.

Drew/Jinder stuff is lame…On SNME Drew pitched this feud with an idea 10x better then feuding over a sword.

While Nikki ASH isnt my fav, I like that they are giving her some creative freedom. This is a character she created, and you have to appreciate that.

4/10