Rewind-A-Wai #165 will cover WWE Raw from December 6, 2004.

This was a selection by Espresso Executive Producer Dom from Naperville.

Please leave us your feedback below.

Watch WWE Raw from Dec. 6, 2004 (WWE Network account required):
https://network.wwe.com/video/67639

WWE Raw
Monday, December 6, 2004
Charlotte, North Carolina
Cricket Arena
*Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus (c) vs. Lita
*Triple H & Batista vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit
*Intercontinental Championship: Shelton Benjamin (c) vs. Christian
*Simon Dean vs. The Hurricane
*Maven vs. Eugene

Jesse from the 6

I wasn’t watching wrestling in 2004, so I took this opportunity to go back and watch this episode of Raw.

First, the good:
The main event was a high quality match.
The crowd was clearly into Batista vs Triple H, so they were building that feud for 'Mania very well.

The bad:
Everything else.

I’m surprised WWE even survived this hangover period from the Attitude Era. This was some of the worst garbage I have ever seen in my life. The in-ring was mostly terrible, the content was sexist, the jokes were lame, and the acting and promos were utterly abysmal, even by usually great talkers such as Jericho and Vince. Did the WWE just switch to scripted promos at this time and the guys weren’t used to it?

And John may always make fun of the fashion whenever y’all review a late-90s show, but I’d take FUBU and wallet chains over this mid-aughts fashion of Hunter’s gigantic suit, Tomko’s horrid tribal tattoos, and whatever the fuck was going on with Jericho’s hair.

Speaking of Jericho, people may complain about him in 2024, but Learning Tree Jericho is about a thousand times better than this shit. Honestly, it took me an hour to figure out he was supposed to be a babyface.

I award this show no points, and may god have mercy on its soul.

Take Care

I remember this period pretty well. It was the last week of Team Orton running Raw as it laid the groundwork for Batista v HHH but that took a backseat to Lita/Trish in the main event. The last time Lita closed the show as Women’s Champion was in 2000 as she was an afterthought to the world title feud for SummerSlam. This match put her and Trish front and center without any distractions and they hit a home run.

Those two walked so today’s generation can run. I bet they watched this match growing up and said “I want that”…even though it took a lot of kicking and screaming to get there.

It’s pretty neat that Lita was in three main events of Raw (two of those involved Trish, linking the two of them for life)