Mark from New South Wales

If this was planned form the beginning then that’s a positive step forward though I think no one is giving the creative team that much credit.

Possibly one of the greatest knee jerk reactions in wrestling, it’s going to be a bummer when this ends at survivor series and we’re back to the same old.

Nas from NYC (not the rapper of course)

Been listening for a while. But first time commenting. Big fan. I’ve been a WWE guy forever. Have been to almost every show in NYC the last 4-5 years. Was at Mania this year.

I turned down Takeover tickets that weekend because I really didn’t think all that much of NXT. Don’t really watch wrestling outside of Raw and SmackDown. But this episode truly showed me what I’ve been missing for years with NXT. It can no longer be considered the minor leagues. Triple H is our savior. I believe the upNXT guys. Best SD in ages. Two hours flew by and I wanted more. 10/10

P.S. Tom Phillips is brilliant. Needs to be made permanent.

Michael from Myrtle Beach

First time, long time. Have listened to you guys since your LAW days and have loved everyone of your shows. Thank you for your hard work.

To Smackdown, the WWE turned a horrible situation into a positive. Lots of surprises and awesome action. First time in awhile that I felt the show was can’t miss. Honestly looking forward to Survivor Series. Hopefully they don’t screw it up, but they will.

1 Like

Brandon from Oshawa

2 quick points…

1. Best WWE match of Daniel Bryans career.

2. Pat McAfee is the greatest and I need him on my tv weekly.

1 Like

I’m going to keep my feedback simple: The WWE has already broken the draft and by doing so made me now unofficially disinterested in both Raw & SD. Here’s my gripe with tonight: Heyman basically implies that Brock is only interested in Rey and to do so he’s going to Raw and that the WWE cannot do anything about it. It was previously announced that Vince left Saudi. Why couldn’t they just leave out all the legal rant and have Vince just simply walk out, state that he’d take it under consideration after talking to the networks, and later they announce a trade where Brock goes to Raw for a bunch of midcarders/jobbers? Fiend is SD champ, Brock is Raw champ, all is well and Heyman somehow doesn’t open the door for now EVERYBODY to just declare that they too have quit a brand to go elsewhere.

Shayna looked great, Bryan and Cole had a great match, and I loved Zayn’s facial expressions running away from Keith Lee & Riddle. Outside of that though…I’m officially going to start watching AEW. WWE feels way too stale. Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

Really great episode of Smackdown and probably the best one on fox so far. Felt fresh, new and just different from the norm. Such good shit!

Doubt you’ll make it this far down the feedback thread but here goes anyway…

NXT Invasion was great tonight and it got me curious, in a hypothetical situation where Seth Rollins comes out on Raw and announces he is making a special trip to Full Sail on Wednesday would that be enough to finally give NXT a win over AEW? And if it is would it be worth doing just to say they won even though it was only because of a Raw guy?

Roger from Georgia (the state)

Hot damn, that was the best episode of Friday Night Delight I’ve ever seen! Normally I’m just an NXT and AEW weekly viewer, as I just don’t enjoy anything “main roster” anymore, but I had to check out this show to see how they handled the whole Saudi Arabia situation. I know this isn’t going to be the norm, but it was a great show to see nonetheless. I was happy to see the NXT roster going over, but something tells me that won’t be the case come Survivor Series. Daniel Bryan and Adam Cole was TakeOver worthy, and I stayed engaged throughout that match, thinking of scenarios and possible dream matches that could happen should Bryan win the NXT Championship. My only nitpick after watching NXT this past Wednesday was seeing Rhea standing in solidarity in the same ring with Shayna, as well as Ciampa doing the same with Adam Cole. At least Ciampa did try to keep some subtle storytelling going by staring at Goldie the entire time.

Holy shit that was one hell of a smackdown episode. Main event was off the charts. 10/10. Pat mcafee on commentary sounded like art Donavon. Was waiting for him to ask people’s weight

Can I ask - did they announce who this special guest for the Fox Show is going to be?

As a big NXT fan, I loved that episode. One of my favourite episodes ever. What a main event !

Loved it, loved it , loved it.

Commentary was surprisingly good, McAfee, Renee and Tom Phillips, that works for me, especially McAfee, very smooth.

I don’t know if Sami Zayn has been mentioned, but I loved his segment. He’s so good !

Let’s heap some praise on Vinnie Mac. Great show. Done excellently by one of the best.

This is what a big difference is for me is. On Main Roster if this was don’t with say the Braun chasing him, it would feel so dumb and a waste. But last night Sami next to NXT guys feels natural and everyone feels like equals because they’ve given spotlights to and protected the characters of Riddle and Lee. Those guys haven’t been reduced to joke bits on NXT like Main Roster guys tend to be and that’s when running the exact same segment can give two different impressions.

1 Like

I meant as an actor, he’s so good. Of course, it’s sad to see he’s become the butt of the joke.

So listening to Wade Keller’s review and they had some emailers and their on site correspondent who were very negative about the show. I found that interesting but thinking about it I can see why. If you paid to go to the show expecting to see the Fiend and Roman, Reigns etc and got some guys you don’t really know would you be happy if the wrestling was good. Personally I would like to think for the most part I would be, but I know the NXT guys so it is hard to know. I understand why others might not be into it though it is like going to see the Lakers to see Lebron and the other starters play, but they all sit out against a bad team. You might get a great game but still be disappointed.