What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

Patrons, join us live on Zoom at 10:15pm ET by clicking here.

0 voters

Paul from New Jersey

I was dreading a feud between the Street Profits & the Dirty Dog Aces. Terrible promos, solo cup commercial segues and Dolph Comedy. I am indifferent to the Carmella:Sasha feud. It’s the same character and there is no babyface. The Kevin Owens serenade for inanimate objects was weird, but the backstage stuff was fantastic with Roman. Chad gable is super talented. Let him cut promos every week. 3.

Can we just put the IICONIC’s back together as well as Tucker with Otis and Gable?

Is Carmella supposed to be WWE’s version of The Cleaner with that entrance? Also, is she and Kenny Omega just ripping off that bit from behind the curtain in Austin Powers?

Watching Hiromu vs El Desperado before tuning in to Smackdown was probably a mistake… A lot of this show felt like they were trying to stretch out storylines on the road to TLC without adding any new elements. Shocking decision to try putting Billie Kaye and Otis in tag teams. On the positive side, I am looking forward to Bayley vs Bianca. Give me more of that and less of Carmella and her sommelier, or whatever the hell it is Michael Cole is calling him. (“Somali-yay”?)

A weaker episode of SmackDown than in recent weeks. Giving away a women’s title match prolonged the Sasha/Carmella feud. Champions losing non-title matches is a nasty habit that needs breaking. Big E vs Sami Zayn was decent and it continues to showcase Sami’s craftiness. Despite shedding the Shorty G moniker, Chad Gable still can’t win a match. The sole bright spot was the Kevin Owens/Roman Reigns segment. It was chilling when Roman addressed KO’s family.

Riott Squad need to be women’s tag team champions…and soon.

Patrick in Cape Breton

Before talking about Smackdown, did anyone else catch how on this week’s Rewind A Wai, John referenced the lyrics of the song Watch Me by Silento at the 43:50 mark and then didn’t know who Silento was when he came up in the top five Billboard songs later in the show? Not sure if it’s an order of recording thing but it did give me a chuckle.

As for tonight’s episode, beating a dead horse but did anyone think there was even a remote chance we would get a finish to the women’s title match? It’s okay to do that once in a while but at this point it just draws groans.