We have a special Rewind-A-SmackDown tonight with reviews of both WWE SmackDown and ROH Final Battle. If you’ve seen either show, please leave your feedback below.

What did you think of WWE SmackDown? (Please only vote if you’ve seen the complete show)

0 voters

What did you think of ROH Final Battle? (Please only vote if you’ve seen the complete show)

0 voters

Paul from New Jersey

Dog food, eyelashes and Christmas hams. This show is really unchained. Remember when they were obsessed with the word absconded? I actually greatly enjoyed Baron Corbin on WWE Backstage, but I detest this angle. I thought Ali & Dana Brooke showed a lot of fire in their respective matches & the crowd was up for a lot of the show tonight. I almost fell off the couch laughing when Otis & Tucker got jobbed out. I don’t know what this company’s obsession is with beating baby faces in their home states. A very skippable shell, 3.

Alexander from Portland

Congrats to WWE for finally acknowledging on air Kofi’s loss to Brock, even if it was delivered by a guy Kofi isn’t feuding with. I’m incredibly curious why tonight was chosen as the night to first speak of it. Reigns was great in that last segment. When was the last time we had a babyface fight off ten guys and not look badass? This is something WWE has managed to pull off very well in the past few years. I feel nitpicky saying this, but I’m disappointed there are no stakes for the TLC match. Whether it’s a title shot or the loser has to eat dog food or whatever, I feel like something should be on the line for Reigns and Corbin.

Question: any update on Nia Jax and her return? Secondly, when was the last time we saw Tamina have a match? I can’t even guess at what brand she’s on currently.

Mj

A year ago we spoke the week I was going to Final Battle and it was all about what The Elite night do.
Two years ago I went to Final Battle and Dalton Castle beat Cody to win the ROH title.

I forgot to unsubscribe to Honor Club and they got me on the auto renew. So I had a chance to watch tonight’s show.

Tonight I was able to watch the last remaining members of the group that brought ROH to new heights and the guy who was crowned champion two years ago before 8:30pm. It’s amazing what has transpired with this company - and its not that the product is bad but I’m at a loss for what they thought they were doing in the next generation of ROH star making process.

When I watched Dalton win the title Live in Hammerstein I was disappointed Cody lost but also thought t was cool they’d try to make a new star. Even Taven at the Garden could be seen as an attempt to get a guy to another level. But PCO winning tonight is a Jump the Shark moment that may tarnish this company forever. The lineage of that championship despite the recent troubles is a who’s who. Now it includes a 50+ PCO. That’s unacceptable. Again, product not bad but W TF are they doing to have any future in such a crowded industry with new stars all over.

3 Likes

Andrew from Cape Breton

So for a long time, I hated hearing about how Dana Brooke had improved. She has been in WWE for 4 years, and I felt that people would just be saying Dana has improved for the next 10 years while the rest of the women’s division on all brands passed her by. Tonight I was shown that she really has improved. Her offense was fast, she seemed intense and I thought for the first time ever that she belonged on the main roster. I do want to see more of her because I don’t think she improved, but she belongs where she’s at. She deserves a push and deserves more then what she’s being given. Other then that, the show was a bit forgettable. Kofi Kingston has seemingly joined the ranks of fellow failed World Champions like Jinder Mahal, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. I thought Roman was a bit of a dick of just leaving Kofi hanging there in the hand cuffs. Ok show, 5 out of 10.

Heavy machinery gave vegan Sami Zayn (who I also believe is a practicing Muslim) a ham…

Sami Zayn is the heel?

I can’t move past from that

-100/10

What a fall for ROH since last year, losing the Elite devastated this company. ROH champion is not the role for PCO at all, what an odd choice. Plus the match was too slow paced and way too much goofiness with Destro involved and the car batteries and all that. The tag title match I liked, I think Gresham and Lethal have a new fresh thing going. Does anyone else think the octopus skull mask is cool?

Nick from Lansing

While there were some good moments on tonight’s show, the crowd never seemed to get that invested until the end. The match between The Revival and Mustafa Ali and Chad Gable was the highlight of the night for me, and personally I was happy to see Dana Brooke get a decent shine in a quick match. I’ve always seen the potential in her and i’m glad we’re starting to see more of it. Who would have thought two years ago that the two biggest babyfaces on Smackdown would be tough daddy Mike Mizanin and cool dude Roman Reigns?

1 Like