What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

Patrons, join us tonight at 10:15pm ET postwrestlingcafe.com

0 voters

I’m shocked to be saying this but I actually enjoyed Raw more than Smackdown this week. With the exception of the excellent Owens/ Zayn match, the whole show just rehashed what we’d seem over the past few weeks.

Something that the returning Zelina Vega said caught my attention: she said that she was going to win the MITB briefcase and cash it in on Raw, Smackdown, or NXT. I’m almost sure that only the Royal Rumble winner had the right to challenge on any brand in past years, whereas the MITB winner could only challenge for the title on their “home” brand. I feel like the change diminishes the Rumble a bit, but more importantly, that’s a change they should have made clear.

• Edge’s promo ability can make anything work, even getting another match with Roman Reigns (more on him later) after being beaten so decisively at WM.

• Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are simply incapable of having a bad match together. Their last man standing match was brutal, packed with insane spots and it’s easily match of the night and one of the better TV matches I’ve seen this year.

• Zelina Vega returned and it’s like she never left. I do like the story for Liv Morgan being an afterthought in Sonya Deville’s eyes and having to jump through hoops to get into the MITB match.

• I had kept a close eye on whether Roman would show up but he ultimately didn’t and he left Jimmy Uso for dead so Edge can have his way with him. When is the shoe gonna drop?