What did you think of tonight’s WWE SmackDown?

Patrons, join us at 10:15pm ET for our LIVE Rewind-A-SmackDown reviewing the entire show, discussing today’s news and taking your calls.

0 voters

Paul from New Jersey

All I wanted was a reasonable explanation as to why Roman turned heel & that’s exactly what I got. An absolute fire promo from Heyman. I also thought it was a nice touch to display friction between Roman & Jey Uso. If I steal John’s sandals, does that make them mine? Always found stealing a title or briefcase to be a bit of a lame trope in wrestling. At least this one made Otis look smart. Solid women’s tag title GOAT match & an even better aftermath. The second biggest women’s tag break up of the week. I found this to be a very good show that progressed a lot of storylines. 7.5.

What did you guys think of the audio tonight? Seemed much improved.

Erin from Brampton

Hey guys! I really enjoyed this episode of Smackdown. I liked Roman’s promo, but I wish there was more as to why he turned heel. I feel he has so much pent up frustration with his previous character, and that he can really let loose on what pushed him over the edge.

With that being said, a match with his cousin looks like a great opportunity to further his heel character. Due to their history, I think we’ll see some quality promos between these two in the upcoming weeks.

Also, I’m happy Big E wasn’t in the main event. I love Big E, and I didn’t want to see him take a loss after gaining all this momentum. Putting him up against Roman this early would be a detriment to his run. I believe those two can have a quality feud later on, with Big E possibly being the one to dethrone Reigns.

Anyways, I hope you two have a great long weekend, and enjoy watching All Out!

McGuire

Loved the windshield spot with Big E! He had no business in that four way match so this was a great way to take him out of it. But how the heck does Jay Uso find his way to a singles title shot? Sure it makes for a convenient storyline but they didn’t even try to justify it.

That kick from Nia looked so weak! The hesitation on her finisher was awkward. Is it too late to pair Shayna with someone else instead? Because while I love what Shayna is doing, Nia brought that match down.

The betrayal from Bayley seemed a bit random but it succeeded in making me feel really bad for Sasha and establishing who I’m supposed to be cheering for. It’s going to be a busy night at the local medical facility in Orlando.

6/10

Nick from Lansing

This was a really fun show from beginning to end. Heyman is fantastic as always, the women’s tag match was absolutely incredible and the shocking, brutal turn by Bayley cemented this as a night we’ll be talking about for a long time. The earlier beat down of Big E was a solid way to replace him with Jey Uso who more than proved he could hold his own in a really fun main event. It sucks such a great episode happened on the same day Vince decided to fuck over his emp- sorry “independent contractors.” and robbed us us Twitch Time with Uncle Allan. As always, thanks for all the hard work

Tonight’s episode had a different energy to it. Roman Reigns’ heel turn has kicked off with authority. Sheamus taking Big E out of the main event was clever because that’s a match worth saving for down the road (possibly at WM) Jey Uso being inserted in the four way is an easy way for Reigns to gain significant heat. The women’s tag title match was a step up from Payback and the Sasha/Bayley split gave me goosebumps. I can guarantee Sasha’s a favorite to win the Royal Rumble, if not. a Hell in a Cell match would be the next best thing. 7.5/10

Jesse from the 6

Hey John, I didn’t see you on the Waterfront Trail today. I cycle along the Waterfront every Friday (did 21 kms today) and I’ve never spotted the elusive John Pollock. You must go earlier I’m the day. I recommend the Humber and Beltline trails if you’ve not tried those yet.

I presume you’ve already discussed AoP, but what the heck? Two big dudes that beat up guys? Seems like they should have been in Vince McMahon’s wheelhouse; where did it go wrong? I thought they’d be stars.

Take Care

Paul from New Jersey

I WILL BE HEARD POLLOCK !