Leave your feedback below for Rewind-A-DynaDown later tonight at midnight for all patrons.

What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

0 voters

What did you think of AEW Dynamite?

0 voters

Robbie from London, Ontario.

Well we did not watch Smackdown over here tonight but Dynamite was a fun watch. The Andrade reveal was a huge surprise for me, that was totally out of left field. The main event left me a bit puzzled though, definitely could have used a more high profile main event. But what can you do, still was a fun show overall, have a great night guys!

The thing that strikes watching Smackdown and Dynamite back to back is the situation that both shows are in with regard to talent. A lot of Smackdown felt stale, like nothing was progressing because these were matches that we’d gotten before. But if you look at the roster, it was pretty much all hands on deck. The Dirty Dogs, Big E, and Cesaro are all coming off losses that justify them being off TV. So other than Sasha and the women’s tag team champs (who were on Raw this week), every active member of the roster appeared on the show.

On the other hand, a lot of the top stars weren’t even on Dynamite, or appeared only in brief video clips (Mox, Hangman, Dark Order, Miro, Omega, Orange Cassidy…) and I don’t think there was a single matchup that we’d seen before. (Although we’d seen other permutations of the Elite/ Death Triangle.) AEW desperately needs Rampage to start and even then I think they’ll need to keep up the crazy pace they have on Dynamite if they want to use everyone.

In terms of the wrestling, what’s unfortunately standing out to me are the moment when I thought I saw Red Velvet die, MarQuen getting dumped really uncomfortably on his head and that mess of a first match between the Usos and the Mysterios. It felt like the Usos, especially Jimmy, didn’t fully trust Dominick and were pulling up short on a number of moves to protect themselves.

But long term, there’s only one thing that’s going to stand out to me about either show, which is of course Andrade. I can’t believe I fell for the “TNT doesn’t want any more surprise debuts” story a few months back.