What did you think of tonight’s SmackDown and Rampage?

Patrons, join us live at 11:15pm at postwrestlingcafe.com

What did you think of WWE SmackDown’s Draft Night 1?

0 voters

What did you think of AEW Rampage?

0 voters

Robbie from London, Ontario. We didn’t watch SD, as usual, but Rampage was a fun watch! I continue to love seeing the return of the American Dragon, seeing him win with the Cattle Mutilation once again definitely popped me. The three way was fun, and was happily surprised to see Jade continue her undefeated streak and seeing her pin Thunder Rosa was another nice surprise. The main event, although a fun match did the least for me, the result was never in doubt but still a nice end to the show. Have a great night guys. 9/10

I’m not sure how you’d do a proper draft in wrestling, where things are predetermined, but this was not it. It was confusing that they never listed the pool of available talent for the night and I don’t get why Raw gets the same number of picks despite being a longer show. (They did a 3 to 2 ratio before.) Not looking forward to three hours of this on Monday.

Rampage was solid and although they once again booked it as if they were anticipating the audience dropping throughout the show, the super-mega-group-hug at the end was a very nice moment. I’m guessing Hangman is the Joker in the ladder match on Wednesday and that he’ll win, thus giving a sort of workaround for him losing his ability to challenge Kenny for the title. Any other names spring to mind?

Thanks for everything you do. I hope John is feeling a little better.

Jordan Goodman from the wellness show. Crowd was about 2/3s full but hot all night. Roman and Brock were the clear stars but the crowd stayed engaged for most of the show. WWE is is closer to Disney than AEW in presentation. There were 3 matches during Smackdown proper. The outcomes to each match seemed to be of no consequence so it was hard to care, but I seemed to be in the minority. The crowd was really diverse in age and race. I found that to be impressive. Crowd was way more into booing Corbin than cheering Owens. Dark matches had the big guy in Hit Row over someone. Xia Lee beat Dakota Kai. Based on the barely-there music for Xia I assumed she was the heel but she worked as the face. BEARCAT squashed a guy and was the crowd treated him like a star. Drew and Street Profits over Roman and Usos after the taping. Again. Roman was the clear star and no one came close in the match. I recently watched all of Saved By The Bell: The College Years on Peacock. It has 9% on Rotten Tomatoes. I fucking love it.

I learned many years ago to not care about the draft. Vince doesn’t watch real sports and thus the show makes no sense. Of course, they never laid out any rules beforehand and just felt completely random. So why should anyone care?

I wonder how USA Network feels about NXT “developing” Hit Row and then they go to FOX. I don’t see the group sticking together. Top Dolla will get pushed because he’s big, the woman is wayyyy too green for the main roster and the other two are too small (which is too bad because Sweve is awesome).

The show was not great. Owens loses to Corbin (lol) and the main event was very sloppy.

Dynamite was solid and the Jackson/Danielson match was better than anything on SD. Wasn’t crazy about the women’s match because Jade is still very green and her selling is not good. I don’t see how she doesn’t get a title shot now after that win.

Main event was decent but AEW could use less Matt Hardy. His current role just isn’t over

I actually had some feedback last night but unfortunately SmackDown was so boring it made me fall asleep half way through :frowning:

McGuire

Did anybody get a stop watch on the Seth Rollins segment inside Edge’s house? How much TV time was wasted, and what was accomplished? This Rollins heel character is so fake and over the top. And all of this to set up a rematch nobody is clamouring for. This felt like one of those all time bad segments in the history of not just wrestling, but all of television.

Luckily no one in WWE will read that feedback and actually take it serious. That is actually one of the dumbest things I’ve read. It isn’t even close to one of the worst segments they have ever done and I think it’s one of the few rivalries lately, that people are actually looking forward to their rematches.

You might not like the Rollins character, but this is absolutely the stuff they need to be doing more of. Get the fuck out of the arena more often and give us fresh segments and areas that we don’t see all the time.

Man that segment went on forever. Getting out of the arena isn’t a bad concept, but there is also something to be said for execution. Brian Pillman with a gun this was not. This was awful. Rollins has no clout as a maniacal heel so it’s not surprising his idea of a reign of terror was sipping orange juice out of the bottle.

As for people being interested in the rematch, Edge was drafted to RAW, right? He could potentially be having matches with any number of people. Karrion Cross or the big ole Bearcat Keith Lee. Literally anybody except Edge vs. Rollins for the 11th time. There are actual fresh matchups that would be interesting, but instead we get what felt like 10 minutes of Rollins doing a house tour and fake pretending to be evil. Blech.

An Edge match with Kross or Bearcat sounds dreadful. He’s had like 2 matches with Rollins and both were far better than most matches they put on.

I don’t think the segment was some all timer. The worst part of it though was Edges acting after the fact and Pat calling him out on commentary for not calling the cops was amazing.

Genuinely curious why you think Keith Lee vs. Edge would be awful. Keith Lee is a great wrestler and they seem to be pushing him more in a heel direction. Edge could work as the underneath babyface and this could put a huge spotlight on Keith Lee.

Shouldn’t this be the point when you bring a guy like Edge back? He is only going to be able to have so many more matches, and so many more opportunities to give a younger guy the rub. It would be a shame if Edge’s entire return run was spent between Rollins, Reigns, and Orton (three guys who are already at the top of the business).

Like I’m sure when we heard Punk was going to AEW we weren’t salivating over a potential matchup with Hobbes. And yet we got a 10 minute TV match out of it that was good, and now Hobbes’ star is brighter than it’s ever been, even without beating Punk. That is the correct usage of a guy like Edge or Punk in my opinion.

1 Like

Well for one, I don’t think Keith Lee is a great wrestler. He’s a 300+ pound guy who does some of the most basic “high flying” that you can possibly do, but because he’s 300+ pounds, people mark out over it. Bigelow and Vader were doing that stuff over 25 years ago and were better all around.

Lee has nothing more in his arsenal. Plus, if he’s a heel, that isn’t the stuff he should be doing. So he’ll be working a slower pace, which will give people more to complain about.

Totally agree about the Seth Rollins stuff, it was completely embarrassing and a waste of time. The guy cannot act, stop making him act. None of it made any sense either - Beth was getting groceries and left the door unlocked LOL.

Rollins and his “character” have been total death since he came back. He is so much less over and all the talking has exposed him as a horrendous promo

My biggest gripe with the Rollins segment is it was typical WWE - with zero punchline. What was the result of Rollins there? What changes now? What do I have to look forward to after this segment?

The guy walked in, took an apple, drank orange juice from the bottle (germaphobe Vince sees this as a big heel act) and then sat on a chair in room.

There was no tension, no climax, no conflict. Just a time filler with no real point. I am fine with them leaving the ring but it has to have a point and feature people capable of acting. This was neither

1 Like