What did you think of SmackDown?

0 voters

What did you think of AEW Rampage?

0 voters

I’m going to be critical of AEW: Rampage looks and feels like the 3rd hour of Dynamite. There have been some special ones sure but now back to back weeks felt like a less high octane 3rd hour that doesn’t have the urgency of Dynamite. And with all the edits it feels produced in a way the Live Wednesday show doesn’t. I do like Mark Henry’s role though. And the quality of the matches are good. Curious your thoughts on the feel of the show thus far.

Robbie from London Ontario,
excellent fast pace to Rampage tonight. Good Punk match to open, tag title match that may not have been at the level of All Out, but I thoroughly enjoyed. Glad to see some offence from Sky Blue before Jade put her away at least, and who doesn’t love a little Starks in the main event? Very enjoyable night, mind you we completely skipped Smackdown, 8.5/10

It was very nice of Daniel Garcia to let that old dude have a match on his show. Seriously, it’s starting to feel weird that Garcia hasn’t been signed yet. (Then again, Diamanté has been there for two years and isn’t official, so I guess the paperwork can sometimes take a while…)

Although I enjoy Rampage, there is something about a live broadcast that feels more exciting because of the possibility of surprises. Any guesses as to who the Lucha Bros will be facing? I’d like to see a rerun of them vs Laredo Kid and Vikingo but I don’t know if the audience would know them. (Although Laredo Kid has made a couple of appearances on Dynamite before.)

I’ll be curious to see what the situation is with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn by the time WWE comes here in December. If they’re still using Kevin like they did tonight, things could get ugly…

There are plenty of people who haven’t been acknowledged as signed - who are indeed signed to full time deals. Pretty sure Garcia is.

I wish WWE and AEW had a “capfreindly.com” equivalent lol.

1 Like

The women’s matches on Smackdown were pathetic. People harp on the AEW women but there is no excuse to put that kind of crap out there. I love how Toni Storm is very quickly a nobody too.

The rest of the show was there. The only person really over is Reigns, that was super apparent in the Cesaro vs Balor match. Going against Reigns did nothing for either guy and it sums up his title run - one person is being built.

Rampage was ok. Punk and Garcia was great, Garcia reminds me of a meaner Malenko. Ton of potential there. The tag match didn’t work and the main event was just ok.

These Friday night shows just don’t work for me with so much else going on now that things are more opened up