Leave your feedback here for tonight’s shows. Patrons, join me and Kate live tonight at 11:15pm ET as we review the shows and take your calls about a busy week in wrestling.

What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

0 voters

What did you think of Rampage?

0 voters

Rampage was a lean, laser focused outing.

• Danielson/Bowens was fine. Max Caster couldn’t resist taking a jab at yesterday’s mass releases

• After weeks of getting his feet wet again. CM Punk got a feud to really sink his teeth into with Eddie Kingston. Both men turned in some fiery performances that frame this match as anything but black and white.

• Cole/Silver was very fun and I bit on that near-fall. Silver was smart for not falling for any low blow attempts. Adam’s selling of the conchairto was superb

I hate to proselytize, but…

I like Michael B Jordan as an actor. If MBJ works with Michael Bay, I know I don’t need to go see that because I have a decade of proof that the creative vision is awful. Coincidentally, if MBJ works with Woody Allen, I know I don’t need to see that either, because the person at the helm is proven scummy. If the director is creatively and morally bankrupt, what is the point of supporting their product in any shape or fashion? I can see MBJ as a much better character actor and feel good about doing so with someone or a team of someones at the helm who are invested, empathetic, and creative.

Even if you “support the performers,” WWE is artistically and ethically bankrupt, despite their financials being the opposite. They actually don’t need your money. They tell you that they’re sports-entertainment and not wrestling, and look at how they treat the wrestling talent: believe them when they say who they are. Stop supporting this megacorporation in any manner when you can actually support A-tier televised wrestling with AEW or IMPACT. Better yet, support independents like GCW or your local indie. Support a Japanese promotion, from NJPW to Gatoh Move. Buy a t-shirt from your favourite wrestler. Most of all, support actual journalism that holds the powerful to account.

And this is all without mentioning Saudi blood money, a culture of bullying, and both aiding in the normalization of Trump years ago while serving in his corrupt government just recently.

Rampage fucked. WWE sucks. Same as it ever was.

3 Likes