Patrons, join us live at 11:15pm ET for Rewind-A-SmackDown/Rampage at postwrestlingcafe.com

What did you think of SmackDown?

0 voters

What did you think of Rampage?

0 voters

Did anyone start to think we weren’t getting the universal title match when the usos attacked Finn? It would’ve been par for the course. Its funny to me that they kept saying its been 6 years since Finn had a chance to go for the title yet he challenged Roman the day after summerslam 2017 in a good match which this one was too.

Why did rollins and cesaro sound like it was in the thunderdome?

Why did Lee Johnson get more offense than Cody?

Robbie from London, Ontario.

Just Rampage watchers over here tonight. Great show for the most part, Excalibur did seem fairly off his game though. Fun watch regardless and I’m loving the show since it’s debut. Can’t wait for Sunday!

8.5 out of 10

Up until the main event, I was starting to think that Smackdown’s purpose tonight was to put as many people to sleep as possible in order to make sure that Rampage got a lower rating. Roman and Finn put on a really solid match, and I expect that we’ll get another from them since there was a slight tease of the Demon at the very end. (The Demon seems like an appropriate fit for Extreme Rules.) Other than that, it didn’t feel like there was much on offer. I didn’t think that the Becky and Bianca segment was as strong as the week prior (an admittedly high bar) and it doesn’t feel like Becky is over as a heel OR that Bianca is more over than she was as a babyface. That said, their match is almost definitely going to be excellent.

My favourite match of the night was Malakai Black vs Lee Johnson. I liked the idea that Johnson, young though he is, was able to push Black a little further than even Cody could (possibly because he had the advantage of seeing what Black had done in his previous two matches). As excited as I am for All Out, I’m already looking forward to seeing Dustin’s funeral next Wednesday.

My favourite moment of the night, though, has to go to Eddie Kingston, who always finds a way to amaze. Given the number of times he’s brought her up, do you think that CJ/ Lana is accompanying Miro on Sunday? I think she has a lot of options outside of wrestling but I can see her playing a sort of Miho Abe character and making occasional AEW appearances.

1 Like

Anthony from Melbourne

Apologies the provider I use to watch SD delayed 48 hours so I am yet to see the show but my question should still be relevant (I hope).

There has been a lot of speculation about what Adam Cole does next with most saying AEW or other promotions. John said Adam should ask for as much as he can from WWE if he is prepared to walk away and I agree but a key thing I would ask for if I were Adam is a 12 month main roster contract.

There is no doubt AEWs roster is bloated at the moment with more big names on the way. I don’t think its a good time to debut, a 12 month contract would give him a chance to test the waters with WWE main roster. If he gets the Ricochet treatment then he can leave and go to AEW where a fresh face would be welcomed and have a chance to make an impact.

Or do you think Adam or even Ricochet loose their value after being booked into oblivion on WWE main roster?

1 Like

Chris from Melbourne.

Three highlights from Rampage:

• Eddie Kingston’s amazing promo, which probably cost him some fans knowing the USA, but doubt he cares.

• Kris Statlander’s amazing 1-on-2 spot.

• the entire main event.

I wasn’t very impressed by the Malakai match, which seemed like their in-ring chemistry just wasn’t clicking. On paper I’m sure it made sense, but something about it just lacked the energy and intensity I think it was meant to have. Especially for his first non-squash match.

Apparently with the addition of Skye Blue, all 21 names in the battle royale have been announced. Does this mean no Ruby Soho, or are you still expecting her to appear?

That Kingston/Mox promo was everything you will never find in WWE - two guys talking shit who want to fight. They also sound like real people. I Loved it.

Garcia and Allin was also a lot of fun and Punk was great on commentary. Rampage is such an easy watch and they waste no time.