On Rewind-A-Wai #92, we are reviewing WWE SummerSlam 2016.

This show was selected by Espresso Executive Producer @BeatleRyan and is available on the WWE Network.

Wai Ting is off this Tuesday and stepping in to join me is Damian Abraham, who makes his long-awaited return to the show as we dissect and discuss this event one month after the latest promotional brand split.

Please leave us any feedback, questions, or comments in the thread below.

WWE SummerSlam
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York
*Main Event: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
*Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
*WWE Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
*Raw Women’s Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
*WWE Tag Team Championship: New Day (c) vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
*Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews
*John Cena vs. AJ Styles
*Becky Lynch, Naomi & Carmella vs. Nikki Bella, Natalya & Alexa Bliss
*Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens vs. Enzo & Big Cass

2 Likes

Jesse from the 6

I’m glad Wai is taking some time off and we get to hear the effervescent Damian Abraham on a review pod again. I look forward to his 20-minute tangents on his current projects, whatever rare 7-inches he’s recently purchased, or his opinion on the marked proliferation of cannabis shops in Toronto.

As for SummerSlam 2016, it was pretty good, but not great.
Going into the show, much of the discussion was about the Universal Championship. I was against the creation of a second world title out of thin air. I also thought that both titles looked bad as neither main evented.
What do you guys think of the universal championship? Personally, I prefer one ultimate male champion and female champion that can face challengers on either brand. But maybe there are good business arguments for having two world titles per gender?

Also, do you know what the plan would have been for Balor going forward had he not been injured?

Take Care

2 Likes