On Rewind-A-Wai #67, we will be reviewing WWF’s Capital Carnage event from the London Arena in December 1998.

This show was selected by Espresso Executive Producer @Pickles0303 and will be released on Tuesday, August 4th for all members of the POST Wrestling Café.

The full pay-per-view can be watched on the WWE Network.

Post your feedback and questions related to this event & time period for the WWF.

WWF Capital Carnage
Sunday, December 6, 1998
London, England at the London Arena
*Fatal Four-Way: Steve Austin vs. Mankind vs. The Undertaker vs. Kane
*WWF World Heavyweight Title Match: The Rock © vs. X-Pac
*WWF Tag Team Championship: New Age Outlaws © vs. D-Lo Brown & Mark Henry
*Triple H vs. Jeff Jarrett
*WWF Intercontinental Championship: Ken Shamrock © vs. Steve Blackman
*Sable & Christian vs. Jacqueline & Marc Mero
*Edge vs. Tiger Ali Singh
*Val Venis vs. Goldust
*Road Warrior Animal & Droz vs. The Head Bangers
*Gangrel vs. Al Snow

2 Likes

I’ve just finished watching this show & my two thoughts throughout this is 1. How did my parents ever let me watch this as a child, the sexual connotations and nudity was outrageous, you don’t really think about it when you are a kid but as a parent myself now i would never let my boy watch this show. I’m happy for him to watch the likes of Sasha Banks and Bayley on todays product but lets just say it will be a long time before he watches anything involving Jacqueline, Debra, Val Venis or Al Snow lol. My second thought was how good & on point Jim Johnston was at working with talent and coming up with theme music, it seemed like every song fit each performer perfectly. Onto the in ring part of the show i would have to say this is a mere 4 out of 10 with some really weak matches and finishes, not even rewind a wai workhorse X-pac could produce anything memorable. Maybe its just me but i think there is quite a resemblance between Ricky Starks and The Rock of 98. The Stone Cold Steve Austin pop was excellent, it was if i was an 8 year old boy again watching the main event such easy booking as well, stack all the odds against Austin & somehow he always prevails it works every time. I don’t know what it is about him, he’s a man with a bald head and black trunks at the end of the day but he always manages to put me in a good mood and put a smile on my face. Brought the show up to about a 7.

I’d say to anyone thinking about watching this show for nostalgia purposes save some time just watch the main event and then watch The Condemned with Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones afterwards with a few beers and you’ll probably have a decent time.

A couple of questions for you: what was your favourite attitude era theme song? & Did you two ever go to a wwf show in the late nighties and do you have any good memories?

1 Like