This may just be the first full episode of Superstars I ever watched. Or should I say “Maple Leaf Wrestling”, as it was broadcast up here on Saturdays at 12pm EST.

I clearly remember watching the Warrior “goo face” interview the previous week, but not the whole episode.

This is such an interesting period for the company. Starting off with Hogan, Flair, Warrior, Bulldog, Sid, Slaughter, Piper, and others as all being big players in early 1992 - and by the beginning of 1993, all would be gone.

As a young fan, the transition to guys like Bret being on top definitely affected my fandom style preferences (as did watching WCW Power Hour on Saturday mornings on TSN at the time, which was a very workrate heavy promotion that year).

I have such fond memories for some of the gimmicks on the shows, especially Shango. Happy to see you guys reviewing this.

I also clearly remember the Nails debut, and immediately being scared of him. I remember the first house show I ever went to, December 27, 1992 at Maple Leaf Gardens, was supposed to be headlined by Nailz vs. Undertaker, in what would have been a dream match to my youthful mind. Fortunately for everybody else, Nailz was fired, and we got the equally epic encounter between Taker vs. Papa Shango.

Side note… I feel like this Warrior / Shango angle seems to have been a very specific jumping on point for a bunch of Canadian children. I was 8 at the time and it sucked me right in.

Would love to see a return to Saturday morning wrestling (not the Saturday Night Slam type product) - as I feel like for a generation or more of kids, it’s what hooked them into being life long fans.