Rewind-A-Wai #126 will cover WWF UK Rampage 1992 from Sheffield, England.

Watch on WWE Network (account required):
https://watch.wwe.com/program/UK-Rampage-92-12353

Please leave us your feedback and any questions related to this event.

Rewind-A-Wai #126 will be out Tuesday evening for POST Wrestling Café members.

WWF UK Rampage '92
Sunday, April 19, 1992
Sheffield Arena
*Tatanka vs. Skinner
*Col. Mustafa & Dino Bravo vs. Legion of Doom
*Sid Justice vs. The Undertaker
*WWF Championship: Randy Savage (c) vs. Shawn Michaels
*The Mountie vs. Virgil
*Intercontinental Championship: Bret Hart (c) vs. Rick Martel
*Repo Man vs. Jim Duggan
*British Bulldog vs. I.R.S.

Jesse from the 6

This is Rampage bay-bee.

It’s amazing to think that, after watching this Sid Justice-Undertaker match, Vince McMahon thought, “This is a future WrestleMania main event right here”.

This is show occurred only 10 months before your previous review, but it feels like a different era to me. I don’t know if it was the Raw setting or having Bret as the World Champ, but February of '93 felt a lot different from this April '92 show, which still seemed very 1980s in presentation.

I was surprised at how over Bret was here in Sheffield. I think he was more popular than Savage. Only Davey Boy seemed more over. And I was even more surprised that the crowd was chanting “U-S-A” for Duggan. What the hell was that?

This show aired on Sky; was this normal practice at the time? I know about the late '90s/early 2000s UK PPVs like Insurrection, but I wasn’t aware of the WWF doing UK-only shows at this time. Would this ever have aired in the US?

Second question: Do you know if they started testing for steroids by this point? Because it didn’t seem like it.

Take Care