FIFA RUSSIA WORLD CUP 2018 TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION THREAD

Can’t believe our managers choice of substitutes. With the amount of crosses we were making into the box I thought we would have brought Cahill on for sure, even the Australian Commentators did. Cahill has played 0’, zero minutes, this world cup finals, just what was the point in naming him in the final squad. Yes he’s up in age but use him as an impact sub. Manager saw the draw as a win, and I’m sorry but in this tournament that’s just not acceptable especially after a loss in match one.

This is why I hate having “intrem managers” at the world cup, come in too late to understand the team, manager said post match we should be proud. This isn’t Australia of 2006 from the Oceania confederation that hadn’t qualified for 34 odd years. This is the Australia that is the reigning AFC Asian Cup Champions & has made the last 4 consecutive World Cup finals but hasn’t won a world cup finals match since South Africa 2010.

Honestly don’t think we can beat Peru by enough to advance even if France beats Denmark by a lot, just would not be so upset if our manager at least went for the win last night.

I am dumbfounded that they haven’t played Tim Cahill, he’s proved he can do it at a major tournament time and time again, his experience & desire to get on the scoresheet and he hasn’t even been used at all I don’t understand the thinking on that one! :thinking:

I think both Australia and Peru have proved that they can be a threat going forward I’m expecting a 1-1 draw in that one.

1 Like

Matches taking place on day 9

Group D
Nigeria :nigeria: vs Iceland :iceland:

Group E
Brazil :brazil: vs Costa Rica :costa_rica:
Serbia :serbia: vs Switzerland :switzerland:

1 Like

Full time result
Brazil :brazil: 2 vs Costa Rica :costa_rica: 0
Brazil leave it late, goals by Continho (92) neymar (97). can feel the momentum oosing from Brazil now.

My bet is for Mexico to win the whole thing! el-dandy-9cbfee1f-cdaa-44b9-ad44-992a4f79c76-resize-750

1 Like

Already beat the reigning champions so why not!

92’ & 97’…gees how much stoppage/added time was there in the second half?

Full time results

Group G
Belgium :belgium: 5 Tunisia :tunisia: 2

Group F
South Korea :kr: 1 Mexico :mexico: 2

Massive match coming up for Germany :de: they cannot afford to slip up once again. Sweden :sweden: will not be a walk in the park by any means.

1 Like

Wow…what an absolute classic between Germany & Sweden. The ups and downs, twists and turns and Germany stays alive in the last minute. This is why I love the World Cup.

2 Likes

Full time Germany :de: 2 Sweden :sweden: 1

Absolute glorious strike by Toni kroos brings Germany back from the brink of total collapse fantastic game of football had everything in the end respect to Sweden they gave every single thing they had.

1 Like

Panama are a bunch of jokers.Roman is not looking strong

I must be pissed,thinking england are 5-0 up at half time

1 Like

(2018/06/24) HT: ENG “:uk:” 5-0 :panama: PAN

Great win for England. It was nice to see the Panama fans didn’t give a shit, they just wanted a goal and that was their World Cup victory.

1 Like

Full time ENGLAND 6 PANAMA 1 Harry Kane’s on fire :fire: :fire::fire:

2 Likes

Full time results
Japan :jp: 2 Senegal :senegal: 2
Poland :poland: 0 Colombia :colombia: 3

Final Matches of groups A&B to take place on Monday

Saudi Arabia :saudi_arabia: vs Egypt :egypt:
Uruguay :uruguay: vs Russia :ru:

Spain :es: vs Morocco :morocco:
Iran :iran: vs Portugal :portugal:

1 Like

1 Like

I would not be surprised if Iran pulls an upset over Portugal. They play tight D and I can see them pulling out a 1-0 win. If they frustrate Ronaldo, Portugal can be had.

3 Likes

Incredible drama in group B
Spain :es: 2 Morocco :morocco: 2
Iran :iran: 1 Portugal 1

1 Like

Round of 16 so far we have

Uruguay :uruguay: vs Portugal :portugal:
Spain :es: vs Russia :ru:

1 Like