Franky Monet always viewed WWE as the "be all and end all" for her

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/29/franky-monet-always-viewed-wwe-as-the-be-all-and-end-all-for-her/

Coming out of NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver in April, former IMPACT Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie debuted for WWE as a part of the NXT brand. She took on the name ‘Franky Monet’ and as of late, she aligned herself with Jessi Kamea and has had several run-ins with Mandy Rose on NXT TV.

Monet spent time in IMPACT, Lucha Underground and AAA where she was a three-time Reina de Reinas Champion. With the experience that she has gathered since her debut one decade ago, she always felt that WWE was the end all be all. She relayed those sentiments to Pro Wrestling Illustrated while speaking about her journey to WWE.

Yes, I always saw this as the be all and end all. I mean, it’s the WWE. This is where you wanna be. This is where you come to be seen, to be around the best sports-entertainers in the world so ultimately I knew that this was my end goal. Of course there’s times when I was like, ‘Is this gonna happen? Is this not gonna happen?’ But, just like I said, I had this vision. I’m a very determined person when I have something in my head and I’m going for that, I can never be told ‘no’. I will continue to claw my way to, you know, prove that I belong or prove that I am as good as I am or whatever it is, you know? So I’ve just always been very determined and that stubbornness maybe to a certain level got me here and it’s taken me over a decade, I wouldn’t have it any other way. This is exactly where I’m meant to be in this moment. The universe has a plan. Like it always has a plan. It tests us so many times along the way, but this is where I’m meant to be and I couldn’t be prouder to be part of the WWE universe and a part of NXT.

On the 7/27 NXT, Monet lost her first WWE match by way of interference from Robert Stone. To get a recap of the latest NXT TV episode, check out POST Wrestling’s recap/notes article.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Pro Wrestling Illustrated with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.