FTR thought they would have a series of matches with The Young Bucks

Originally published at FTR thought they would have a series of matches with The Young Bucks

FTR looks back on their program with The Young Bucks.

When FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) debuted in All Elite Wrestling, they were featured on-screen with The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) to follow up on several years of back and forth between the two teams on social media.

They had their first match against one another at Full Gear 2020 for the AEW World Tag Team Titles. The Young Bucks left with the victory and the titles but they have not competed against each other since then. FTR appeared on Brandon Walker’s ‘Rasslin podcast and said they expected a series of matches to happen with Matt and Nick Jackson.

Harwood: Well we’ll just do it in front of fans. I mean we did it in front of a thousand fans and when the match was over dude, I cannot explain to you the emotions that went through me. I was like, ‘Man, we did it’ and we had 1,000 fans there and they actually — I could feel their emotions because finally, their heroes had won the championships from us and I think they thought what we saw, who the greatest tag team of all time was and maybe, you know, we saw the greatest tag match of all time so we thought there were going to be multiple matches as well, and then there was a train that completely stopped all that.

Maybe we become best friends with a billionaire. Maybe that’s how the train gets started. I don’t know.

Wheeler: I’m gonna negotiate EVP status into my next contract.

If you ask me, no matter how much we wanted the immediate rematch because we don’t like losing, especially not to those guys, it’s inevitable that it’s gonna happen, and we’ve learned, we waited a long time to have that first match. We know how to be patient when it comes to this and we know that when you boil it all down and you take it all away, you strip it down to just who is the better team? They know that we are and they hate that and they’re gonna avoid that at all costs and they don’t wanna be seen even remotely in the same areas as because it’s gonna expose them. But, to your point, it is gonna be a Rock ‘n’ Roll-Midnight Express type thing. We’re gonna have some rematches. We’re probably gonna have rematches for the next couple of decades. But, people are gonna know.

FTR are the reigning AAA World Tag Team Champions and they recently challenged The Lucha Brothers (Penta El Zero M & Rey Fenix) for the AEW World Tag Titles. They were unsuccessful in their attempt to become double champions.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit ‘Rasslin with Brandon F. Walker and provide an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.