Future Cinematic Wrestlemania Matches

Going into future years, I feel this is the best way to structure Wrestlemania weekend to maximize how much most people enjoyed the cinematic matches.

Build: Same as always, cinematic matches and live matches are built on Raw and Smackdown, mostly via promos.

Friday Night: NXT Takeover

Saturday Night: Start the HOF at 6:00pm. Run HOF for two hours. Fewer inductees than normal, they seem to be running through too many at their current pace. At 8:00pm, Wrestlemania Night 1 starts. All cinematic matches for two hours. The matches are played live at the HOF ceremony, production can cut in live crowd/superstar reactions to the match. People are in a theatre setting, it’s the most appropriate way to do it. It’s similar to a movie premiere.

Sunday Night: Wrestlemania Night 2. Live matches in front of stadium crowd.

This way, you can build your 13-16 matches on weekly programming, but have 4 of them be cinematic. The stadium show is now 5 hours instead of 7 hours. It’s the only time throughout the year that cinematic matches are done. So many legends become available. They get to come back and cut promos on the weekly shows, then shoot the cinematic matches, then watch them premiere at the HOF. Goldberg vs Steve Austin, Undertaker vs Sting are at the top of the list.

I like it. The first thing i thought when i saw the boneyard match was the opportunity for aging stars to be involved. Sounds solid.

What happens to Smackfown on the Friday?

Maybe Hogan vs. Wyatt next year in a Firefly Fun House match. They already kind of teased Hogan/Wyatt on Smackdown once.