• Jay White
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Shingo Takagi
  • Taichi
  • Jon Moxley
1 Like

Yano vs Moxley Yes please!

3 Likes

Holy shit!! That A-Block roster is fucking ridiculous!! My only beef is Minoru Suzuki not being in the tournament. Btw, @MJfromNJ, would you rather have Taichi or Yoshi-Hashi in the tournament?

2 Likes

Taichi. At least he has a character that is a shit heel and can play a role in the tournament. Yoshi Hashi is the epitome of generic babyface who loses and has zero reason to get behind the guy.

Kinda shocked how loaded the A block is but assumption is that’s what will open the tournament in Dallas

2 Likes

I actually think B block is better for a US audience with Moxley and Juice in there along with Jay.

Literally no Americans in A block

Ishii v Moxley. Okada vs Kenta. Sign me up

Quick hitters on some matchups I already highly anticipate:
Ibushi-Osprey rematch
Naito-Shingo
Osprey v Fale and Archer again
Osprey vs Okada again
Ibushi-Tanahashi
Ibushi-Okada !!!
Kenta vs everyone!
Moxley vs Yano !!!
Cobb v Ishii
Moxley v Naito
Moxley v Ishii

1 Like

Damn. Hadn’t even thought of Cobb v Ishii. With the stand out year Ishii had last year I can imagine this being incredible

1 Like

:joy::joy:. Blonde-haired Sanada needs to be a douche-bag heel.

1 Like

Ishii is going to carry some of those newer entries like Cobb and Moxley to top matches. Can’t wait. He’s in a great block to carry

:joy::joy:. Kenta vs the rest of the A-Block roster was what I was thinking too.

Yooooo I can’t believe I missed this the first look:

The CWC is back!!!

ZSJ
Ibushi
Kenta
Osprey

This is the better version of 205 Live :joy:

1 Like

My top 5 most anticipated matches…

1. Okada vs Ibushi
  2. Ospreay vs Tanahashi
  3. Ospreay vs ZSJ
  4. Naito vs Moxley
  5. Ospreay vs Okada
1 Like

Lance Archer is American. But I agree, B Block (read: Moxley) will draw the “casual American viewer” and A Block will be the one that hooks them on New Japan.

But in the long run, I think anyone thinking about diving in for the first time has at least heard the legend of Okada and Tanahashi.

What block is Jenny gonna be in ? (sorry for the lame joke)

1 Like

yeah expect Tana looks banged up huge. You are right Lance is American but hes hardly a huge name.

I think people in Dallas arent really hardcore NJPW fans. Without the Elite its hard to draw in fans for them. I think they really need a big Mox match to get the crowd into the arena.

Mox vs Naito or White would be a great day 1

Mox v White and White yelling shit the camera picks up.

My god I cannot wait G1

If you needed to pickup tickets sales in Dallas and had to make 4 big matches because I believe Dallas opening night is A& B block
I’d go

Main Event
Okada/Tanahashi
Moxley/Naito
Ospreay/Ibushi
White/Juice

If the B block final is White/Naito Naito starts with a loss and has to chase at the end. Same with Ibushi in the A block final have him lose opening night

It’s a good idea. However it looks still like a lot of seats unsold. I think with AEW in North America the excitement for NJPW is minimal.

Also because we know their booking never has any surprises. It’s always the same 3-4 guys. It’s going to be either Naito or Ibushi winning G1 (likely Ibushi).

It’s a shame Omega couldn’t do one last G1 before full time AEW. I think this as a send off with so many of these possible opponents would be massive but ah well, they’ve both moved on now.
Who are we all thinking for the finals and then win? Ibushi to win?