G1 2019 discussion thread

I thought Ospreay took his own head off with that dive. Fuck that was cringe worthy and you could tell he wasn’t going to hit it clean.

1 Like

Fuck yes! I picked Archer to win, but it felt like everyone was thinking Ospreay was going to start out strong. So during the whole match, I was like, did I make the wrong choice, was I wrong? Are they gonna do the WWE thing where you beat a guy in his hometown? Super excited.

Hell of an opening match, figured they’d give Archer back his win. Fale will probably beat Will and have to make the super comeback to win A Block

Fucking awesome match between Ospreay/Archer. I’d love to see Seth Rollins try and pull that out.

1 Like

The crowd is dead for Evil vs Fale.

1 Like

The Fale massage parlor sounds pretty scary.:joy::joy:

1 Like

Gedo going with WWE Heat booking. Not gonna sound good when Kota losses and the main event is a 30 minute draw

1 Like

Well I’m 0-2 in predictions so far.

1 Like

My G1 bracket is off to a terrible start.

Look forward to that. I bet it becomes a hot ticket but they need to announce stars on the card and avoid the New Beginning disaster.

It also makes me curious what the economics are for these guys. Do these US shows really make money or are they loss leaders?

1 Like

Don’t downplay the recent Seth-Baron Corbin matches. At lease 2.5 stars. Osprey and Archer has the best match of the tournament so far. Granted, I’m on delay and it’s been the only one.

Watching on AXS from Canada. Brilliant picture way better than crappy NJPW quality.

This crowd seems very empty - looks horrible on TV. Wished they filmed it better.

Great opener with Osprey.

Typical Fale idiocy.

Good ZSJ match so far

(Still slightly delayed). 0-2 in my picks! This is humbling.

Fale growing a Jay White beard. Gimme Aussie BC vs GoD

Damn you ZSJ! I’m now 2-1.

Figuring how much Tiger Hattori impacted and saved their career, I wonder if the Bucks will make a surprise appearance.

Takeover shirt!

Fuck Sanada. Great match though.

Not really loving Kenta TBH. Fans chanting for red shoes. This match under delivering

Kenta fucking sucks. He’s proving what I said for years, he’s overrated. His WWE run didn’t suck because of injuries, it sucked because he’s garbage.

When Kota Ibushi can’t get a good match out of you, that is sad.

3-1 for my picks! Now, just like with the Archer pick, I went out on a limb and picked a draw for tonight. Hopefully that comes through.