G1 2020 Contest Results Updates

If I knew I was going to be so bad at this, I’d have went with full name, Anthony, to lessen the chance of me being rock bottom. :man_facepalming:

Quick correction to the wrestlers’ standings today: Jeff Cobb holds the tiebreaker over Shingo Takagi, beating Shingo on 9/23 for his only win so far. That may not matter by the next A Block show though.

Thanks again for all of this!

Good catch. Fixed.

1 Like

That goddamn robot just won’t give up!

1 Like

It’s the Terminator story we never expected!

Correction from yesterday. I did my query incorrectly yesterday in terms of the folks who got the most zero-correct days. Apologies to Mike Mitro!

The most correct 5-out-of-5 days was correct with the following people having three 5-out-of-5 days as of the end of day 9:

• Christian Garcia
  • Mark Butler
  • Mike Mitro

There are two people that have the most 0-out-of-5 days at two:

• elGenericos
  • Vince Russo

Sorry for the mistake!

I’m only through Night 6 but prediction: Naito wins the G1 and chooses his own opponent, which will be Hiromu.

(I have avoided all spoilers so this prediction may be laughable, but I’ve only seen 6 nights so far)

1 Like

G1 winner Naito vs BOSJ winner Hiromu is my dark horse WK main event. Hiromu can pull double duty, and in theory Naito could too in an IC defence.

1 Like

especially if they run a scaled down WK over 2 nights.

1 Like

I haven’t kept track of all of my picks, so I don’t know how accurate I was early on (definitely not on Day 1), but today was the second day in a row I went 5/5.

Big swings in the C-Block today. Humanity has overtaken the machine… but who?

3 Likes

Suck it Randobot!

2 Likes

Last year I analyzed the whole G1 and landed on page 3. Now I followed my feelings and I am in the first column. Maybe that is how Gedo books. :grin:

1 Like

A wonderful day for the Human Race.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if a gut feeling is the best as like Gerrit before, I legit mapped out the G1 and like, I’m definitely in the upper scorers with the average of 3 points per show (and whenever I get 2 points on one show, I’ll get 4 back the next).

For me, Yano was a killer. Predicting Yano upsets is hard because it leads to overthinking. It’s also important as well to predict stories like Sanada’s this year. Last year, Jay White went 0-3 in his first three matches and ended up as a finalist.

I also should have looked over my picks as on average, the IWGP Champion gets 12 points and I only had 10 for Naito, which he has already. Still, it makes the whole series really fun.

1 Like

Highlights from day 13 (no spoilers)

• Humanity widens its lead over Randobot
  • Only four wrestlers still alive in A-Block

Not reading this thread to avoid spoilers (only through Night 10), but I must admit something that will be embarrassing for me (those who know my standing on this person may be surprised)…

I have enjoyed Yoshi-Hashi matches in this year’s G1 :man_facepalming: :crazy_face: :sweat_smile:

I already have announced I turned the corner on Taichi.

For years I rode hard against those two as useless. I am here to confess my change of heart. Thank you.

Taichi is definitely a Most Improved candidate.

Today was my third time going 5 for 5, but a lot of people did so today.