G1 Climax 30 POST Show: Day 17 – A Block Final (FREE)

Originally published at G1 Climax 30 POST Show: Day 17 – A Block Final (FREE) - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

NOTE: This is a free podcast from our Patreon, POST Wrestling Café. For access to all of our bonus content including this weekend’s G1 Climax 30 Final, become a patron for just $6/month at postwrestlingcafe.com.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock and Wai Ting review NJPW G1 Climax 30 Day 17 (October 16) as an A Block winner is crowned.

Aside from tournament results, perhaps the biggest talk of the event will surround the conclusion of Will Ospreay vs. Kazuchika Okada. Plus, an unconventional but memorable encounter between Kota Ibushi and Taichi, LIVE English commentary returns, and a Young Lions C Block winner is crowned.

John & Wai reveal their picks for Top 10 Matches of the G1 thus far.

A BLOCK
October 16, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall)

• Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jay White (Recommended)
  • Kota Ibushi vs. Taichi (Recommended)
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay (Recommended)
  • Minoru Suzuki vs. Shingo Takagi (Recommended)
  • Jeff Cobb vs. Yujiro
  • Prelim: Yota Tsuji vs. Gabriel Kidd

Click here for previous episodes and more G1 coverage

Click here for the complete G1 Climax 30 schedule

Click here for a full list of the participants in each block

Click here for updated G1 Climax 30 Contest Scores and Tournament Results

Music by James Ting: ebiasmusic.com

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Thanks for all you guys do. I’d say Ishii and Shingo are tied for my MVP of the tournament. Here’s my Top 10 so far.

1. Ibushi v Suzuki (Night 13)

2. Ishii v Shingo (7)

3. Ospreay v Shingo (5)

4. Okada v Shingo (13)

5. Okada v Ospreay (17)

6. Jay v Shingo (1)

7. Naito v Tanahashi (2)

8. Ishii v Ospreay (3)

9. Ishii v Ibushi (5)

10. Ishii v Cobb (13)

They made a mistake not strapping the rocket to Ospreay here. I thought for sure after the angle with Okada, that we were getting a Taichi and Ishii win, to send Ospreay to the finals.

He should have won the A Block, Sanada wins the B Block and then Ospreay wins the G1 and takes the title from Naito at WK.