G1 Climax 31 Contest: Day 18 & Final Contest Results

Originally published at G1 Climax 31 Contest: Day 18 & Final Contest Results - POST Wrestling | WWE NXT AEW NJPW UFC Podcasts, News, Reviews

And that’s a wrap! The 2021 G1 Climax is done and dusted. Thank you for everyone who participated and I hope you all sign up next year.

Below are the results from day 18, the final contest results, and some extra statistics that I track. Enjoy, see you next year, and don’t forget to always MAX THE MAX!!!

• CLICK HERE for the full PDF report for Day 18 and the final contest results & statistics
  • CLICK HERE for a full list of listener predictions for this year’s contest

G1 BLOCK STANDINGS

Below are the final standings for all of the wrestlers in the G1 in their respective blocks.

Rank A Block B Block
1 Kota Ibushi (14) Kazuchika Okada (16)
2 Shingo Takagi (13) Jeff Cobb (16)
3 KENTA (12) EVIL (14)
4 Zack Sabre Jr. (12) Hiroshi Tanahashi (8)
5 Toru Yano (10) SANADA (8)
6 Tomohiro Ishii (10) Hirooki Goto (6)
7 Great-O-Khan (8) Taichi (6)
8 Tanga Loa (6) Tama Tonga (6)
9 Yujiro Takahashi (5) Yoshi-Hashi (6)
10 Tetsuya Naito (0) Chase Owens (4)

FINAL TOP 3 LISTENER CONTEST STANDINGS

Points Contestant
66 Zack Smith – 1ST PLACE
64 rvd311 – 2ND PLACE
64 ifightgiants – 3RD PLACE
rvd311 correctly predicted Okada as the B Block and Overall G1 winner, granting them the tiebreaker over ifightgiants who picked Cobb for both the B Block winner and overall G1 winner.

THE DAILY PERFECT CLUB FOR DAY 18

Below are the contestants that correctly picked all five match results correctly for the last day of block matches.

Contestant
Batosai
Optimus Maximus

FINAL POST WRESTLING C BLOCK STANDINGS

C-Block Competitor Total Points Day 18 Points
Kate From Montreal 60 3
Brad The Archivist 56 2
Randobot 2000 53 2
Mark Buckeldee 51 3
Mike Murray 49 2
Vivienne Murray 48 4
Eric Marcotte 44 1

LISTENER PREDICTION STATISTICS

Below are statistics showing what percentage of listeners, as a group, correctly predicted the winners of today’s matches. Winners are in bold.

Correct % Correct # Match
63% 132 Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb
47% 97 Yoshi-Hashi vs. Chase Owens
44% 92 Hirooki Goto vs. Tama Tonga
40% 84 SANADA vs. EVIL
36% 74 Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Taichi

EXTRA END-OF-CONTEST STATISTICS

If you download the final PDF there are more detailed stats in some of these categories but here are some highlights:

• Most predicted block winner pairing: Ibushi vs. Okada: 47 of 208 (23%)
  • Biggest upset: Yujiro Takahashi beating Kota Ibushi: 6 of 208 (6.3%)
  • Most accurately predicted: Kazuchika Okada vs. Chase Owens: 202 of 208 (97.1%)
  • Randobot 2000’s final score: 53 out of 90 (60%)
  • People who did better than Randobot: 125 of 208 (60% of people)
  • People who tied or did worse than Randobot: 83 of 208 (40%)
  • Mirror Universe Gedo Award (least points): The Scorp (38 out of 90 – 42%)
  • Most “Perfect Club” days: Mario P with 7 days of perfect picks
  • Most Improved vs. 2020: N7Warlock85 improved by 13 points scoring 61 out of 90 this year as compared to 48 out of 90 last year. Great job!
3 Likes

This is all Naito’s fault! I can’t believe Gedo changed the result of nearly every match in both blocks following that injury…

1 Like

Thanks again Chris, this contest is the highlight of the POST wrestling year. Amazing work.

Congratulations Zack and Kate on your wins.

1 Like

I beat RandoBot! I would’ve done slightly better if Naito didn’t have to go and get himself injured. There’s always next year. Sanada for G1 32!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s always a fun endeavour but I am looking forward to sleeping past 5:30 AM for a while. :smiley: Thanks to everyone who participated.

1 Like

Thanks for the Work! It is always fun to participate in the contest. In the last 2 years I did a lot of prep before submitting my picks - this year I wasnt in the mood and did submit the picks just a few hours before the deadline and that with not too much tought. So I am amazed that i became third with my RayT, even more so since i had a 0:5 at monday Block Final!
Congrats to the Winners, Zack and Kate.

1 Like