And that’s a wrap! The 2021 G1 Climax is done and dusted. Thank you for everyone who participated and I hope you all sign up next year.
Below are the results from day 18, the final contest results, and some extra statistics that I track. Enjoy, see you next year, and don’t forget to always MAX THE MAX!!!
- CLICK HERE for the full PDF report for Day 18 and the final contest results & statistics
- CLICK HERE for a full list of listener predictions for this year’s contest
G1 BLOCK STANDINGS
Below are the final standings for all of the wrestlers in the G1 in their respective blocks.
|Rank||A Block||B Block|
|1||Kota Ibushi (14)||Kazuchika Okada (16)|
|2||Shingo Takagi (13)||Jeff Cobb (16)|
|3||KENTA (12)||EVIL (14)|
|4||Zack Sabre Jr. (12)||Hiroshi Tanahashi (8)|
|5||Toru Yano (10)||SANADA (8)|
|6||Tomohiro Ishii (10)||Hirooki Goto (6)|
|7||Great-O-Khan (8)||Taichi (6)|
|8||Tanga Loa (6)||Tama Tonga (6)|
|9||Yujiro Takahashi (5)||Yoshi-Hashi (6)|
|10||Tetsuya Naito (0)||Chase Owens (4)|
FINAL TOP 3 LISTENER CONTEST STANDINGS
|66||Zack Smith – 1ST PLACE|
|64||rvd311 – 2ND PLACE|
|64||ifightgiants – 3RD PLACE|
|rvd311 correctly predicted Okada as the B Block and Overall G1 winner, granting them the tiebreaker over ifightgiants who picked Cobb for both the B Block winner and overall G1 winner.|
THE DAILY PERFECT CLUB FOR DAY 18
Below are the contestants that correctly picked all five match results correctly for the last day of block matches.
FINAL POST WRESTLING C BLOCK STANDINGS
|C-Block Competitor||Total Points||Day 18 Points|
|Kate From Montreal||60||3|
|Brad The Archivist||56||2|
LISTENER PREDICTION STATISTICS
Below are statistics showing what percentage of listeners, as a group, correctly predicted the winners of today’s matches. Winners are in bold.
|Correct %||Correct #||Match|
|63%||132||Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb|
|47%||97||Yoshi-Hashi vs. Chase Owens|
|44%||92||Hirooki Goto vs. Tama Tonga|
|40%||84||SANADA vs. EVIL|
|36%||74||Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Taichi|
EXTRA END-OF-CONTEST STATISTICS
If you download the final PDF there are more detailed stats in some of these categories but here are some highlights:
- Most predicted block winner pairing: Ibushi vs. Okada: 47 of 208 (23%)
- Biggest upset: Yujiro Takahashi beating Kota Ibushi: 6 of 208 (6.3%)
- Most accurately predicted: Kazuchika Okada vs. Chase Owens: 202 of 208 (97.1%)
- Randobot 2000’s final score: 53 out of 90 (60%)
- People who did better than Randobot: 125 of 208 (60% of people)
- People who tied or did worse than Randobot: 83 of 208 (40%)
- Mirror Universe Gedo Award (least points): The Scorp (38 out of 90 – 42%)
- Most “Perfect Club” days: Mario P with 7 days of perfect picks
- Most Improved vs. 2020: N7Warlock85 improved by 13 points scoring 61 out of 90 this year as compared to 48 out of 90 last year. Great job!