G1 Supercard / NXT Takeover

What are folks more excited for:

• G1 Supercard
  • NXT Takeover

0 voters

I also have 2 extra tickets available as of this writing for the MSG show: section 107 (best seats in the house in my opinion).

Curious if anyone has an extra lower level NXT ticket they’d want to trade for the Supercard ticket I have. Or if your looking to go to the Supercard just reach out and let’s chat!

That’s a tough call. You’ll always get your money’s worth at Takeover, but they really bulked up the MSG show. I’m not someone who goes to live events, but seeing Okada live would be special. Either way, MSG or Takeover, it’s a win-win for you.

1 Like

I think I’d go to MSG, just because it’s a big show, but I think there are too many rematches. I didn’t want to see Okada/White already. Ibushi/Naito & ZSJ/Tanahashi just wrestled in the New Japan Cup. They all should be great, but I wanted all fresh matches.

1 Like

That’s fair criticism, and the matches at Takeover feel very fresh, and you know they’re going to deliver like Gargano/Cole, Dream/Riddle and Black & Ricochet/War Raiders.

That being said, there is definitely an appeal to seeing NJPW stars live that I suppose you typically wouldn’t be able to in North America, and its stacked with title matches and star-power from overseas. Like I said, I’m not really one to travel and go to shows live, but I would be tempted to, to see an Okada main event for the title at MSG.

2 Likes

One thing I never mind with New Japan are rematches. The ability of the performers to add layers and to build on previous matches and sequences makes them intriguing and exciting. Hard to think of rematches that felt flat in last few years.

2 Likes

The SuperCard show looks really strong, I just don’t have the emotional connection to it that I do with NXT so NXT wins the day for me.

I actually think the show should end with Scurll winning the RoH title and standing tall with Villain Enterprises and all the gold.

If the show doesn’t end with Okada making it rain then epic fail. They should have learned from last year that putting on a Main Event after the perceived main event is a bad idea. Last year Cody and Omega should have ended the show. This year Okada and White. Anything else is going to be ending in a low.

1 Like

Wow - so I am trying to offload 2 extras for New Japan / ROH @ MSG. Just looked at Seatgeek to gauge pricing. You can sit in the lower level for under $100. I have a suspicion this show was wildly overbought and will be disappointingly empty for that venue. Which is crazy because I fully expect AEW to sell out the Garden in the next 18 months if they want. Between these tickets available and the Dallas G1 first day sales, it’s a shame a deal isn’t being reached to bring in The Elite to help fill arenas.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a big call. So by Monday September 28th 2020 your saying that AEW will sell out the Garden?

1 Like

I don’t think that’s an outrageous prediction. But I also don’t think that AEW’s “supercards” are going to be the deciding factor in their long-term success. It’s going to be how they do once the novelty and newness has worn off and they become a “regular” promotion that has to put out a good TV/live product regularly (assuming that regular TV and/or house shows will be part of their business model at all).

1 Like

Yes. I think there have been breadcrumbs by the Bucks that they want to come to NYC and do a make-good on them not sticking around ROH long enough to do the Garden show when that show sold out and they were very much a feature draw in the minds of fans. And as for the Garden being so hard to book, the Khan family won’t have a problem negotiating that. I think that is a big 2020 show for AEW.