Gauntlet Match featuring AJ Styles announced for Super ShowDown

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/02/11/gauntlet-match-featuring-aj-styles-announced-for-super-showdown/

WWE had added a multi-person match for the Super ShowDown event later this month where the winner will be awarded the Tuwaiq Mountain Trophy.

The match will be a Gauntlet Match involving Rusev, Bobby Lashley, R-Truth, Andrade, Erick Rowan, and AJ Styles.

Styles has been out since the Royal Rumble where he suffered a separated shoulder with this match being the first match he’s been advertised for since the injury.

Andrade is the middle of a 30-day Wellness Policy suspension retroactive to January 28th. The show takes place February 27th, so he is eligible to return on that date.

Here is the updated card for Super ShowDown on February 27th in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:
*Brock Lesnar vs. Ricochet for the WWE title
*The Fiend vs. Bill Goldberg for the Universal title
*Big E. & Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz & John Morrison for the SmackDown tag titles
*Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin in a Steel Cage Match
*AJ Styles vs. Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Andrade vs. Erick Rowan vs. R-Truth in the Tuwaiq Trophy Gauntlet Match

Geese more dumb Saudi shit. I really hope people continue to boycott this BS

If you’re not cancelling the Network (and staying cancelled), tuning out if the weekly TV, unsubscribing to official podcasts and unfollowing all relevant accounts on Twitter, a boycott isn’t changing anything. You could argue that even perpetuating WWE’s popularity in indirect ways like posting on a message board would run counter to a boycott, like wearing fake leather if you’re a member of PETA.

Yup it would take a large number of people tuning out the product all together for a boycott to matter at all. Tuning out of the Saudi shows alone is meaningless as all that revenue is paid for by the Saudis.

Yeha I hear you
It’s just annoying. They setup just tournaments every time and take the blood money to bring back huge names bc that’s what KSA wants

Meaningless tournaments. I mean the winners don’t even get a title shot they get a trophy.