Gerald Brisco departs WWE, was told by Vince McMahon that he's no longer needed

Originally published at Gerald Brisco gone from WWE, was told by Vince McMahon he's no longer needed - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

WWE Hall Of Famer Gerald Brisco has been a part of the WWE since the early 80s. Brisco also worked as a talent scout for the company but today, he took to social media and revealed that he is no longer with WWE. Brisco noted that he received a phone call from Vince McMahon and was told that after his 36 years, he’s longer needed by WWE.

Ok, want to get this out the right way. Last night I received a call from @wwe Chairman Of The board @VinceMcMahon to let me know after 36 years of dedication to @wwe i an no longer needed. I’m ok withthis. I will still be around to help talent. More info will follow. Thanks

— Gbrisco🤼‍♂️ (@Fgbrisco) September 10, 2020

Brisco last appeared on WWE television in July of 2019 for the RAW Reunion show. He was furloughed by the company this past April.

In the Summer of 2018, Brisco talked to ESPN about his talent scouting job and discussed his newest recruit at the time, Duke University student and the school’s third All-American in the sport of wrestling, Jacob Kasper who Brisco said reminded him of John Cena.

I have mixed feelings on this - the man is 73 and most people that age retire in every other walk of life.

I can’t work until 73 even if I want to.

So he didn’t retire and they felt he wasn’t needed and have him a mandatory retirement basically.

Which would be fine expect Vince is even older and keeps working so seems hypocritical

1 Like

Isn’t he the guy who brought Hulk Hogan to WWF ?

The story is that the Brisco Brothers discovered Hogan and got him into pro wrestling (so all due credit for that). But they would’ve been wrestling elsewhere both times Hogan signed with WWF in 1979 and then late 1983. So maybe they helped, but they didn’t “bring him in”.

1 Like

ok thanks for that.

Responsible for finding Brock Lesnar I understand.
You can say he’s 73, but there is a Mr. Vince McMahon a couple of years older! Gerald is a gentleman and a HOF-er. Gerald is a great guy by all accounts. I’m glad he had the 24/7 title (!!), he deserved a little more light hearted legacy before retirement. 36 year career

I bet Gerald is too.

1 Like

In all seriousness, does anyone want a 73 year old to be working at an arena in the current environment? I know everyone will say “but what about Vince”, but the reality is he owns the company and nobody can tell him otherwise, nobody is responsible for Vince outside of Vince. When it comes to employees, whether its Brisco, Flair, etc. I’d prefer them to not be there.

1 Like

How are you guys gonna compare Vince’s situation to anyone else? Vince owns the company. Do you think Jeff Bezos has to follow the same dress code as the people in the warehouse?

2 Likes

73?

You can be president of a country.

Agreed He is that