Goldberg excited for match with Bobby Lashley, glad WWE gave him time to prepare

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/30/goldberg-excited-for-match-with-bobby-lashley-glad-wwe-gave-him-time-to-prepare/

Goldberg is excited about the matchup between himself and Bobby Lashley.

On the first Monday Night Raw with fans in attendance in over a year, WWE Champion Bobby Lashley scored a win over the returning Keith Lee. As Lashley was about to exit the ring, Goldberg made his return to WWE television and alerted Lashley that he is ‘next’.

WWE has not officially confirmed that Lashley versus Goldberg is taking place and on this week’s Raw, Lashley denied Goldberg’s challenge. The former two-time Universal Champion expressed his excitement about the match while on the CarCast show. He feels that he is more prepared than he was for his match with Drew McIntyre this past January.

I’m thinking Godzilla versus the geriatric King Kong. The fact is there will not be much… not a lot of technique, not a lot of aerial moves I would think. You know, it’s just two big monsters doing the old school telling the story in a wrestling ring. You know, good versus evil at this point in my career and I keep coming back sparingly. I don’t know who’s good versus evil. I guess we’re both evil on this one but, hey man, like I said, the guy’s been spearing people for ten years, trying to copy my move. Now the other night he does the Jackhammer on TV and I just don’t understand why these guys make me come out of retirement to teach ‘em a little respect so, this time they gave me eight weeks so Lashley’s gonna be pissed off about that one because I’ll be doubly ready this time. I’m actually looking forward to it man. I’ve been — we’ve talked in the past and it’s been like drudgery and I’ve been b*tching and moaning all the time and I’m still b*tching and moaning but I got a smile on my face because I know I’m more prepared than I was last time.

Continuing with the conversation of feeling prepared, Goldberg mentioned that his return in January was on short notice. With this recent return, WWE gave him a heads up weeks in advance and he thinks he’ll be able to perform better now that he’s into his training routine.

I would say it helps exponentially . No question about that. I’m actually looking forward to it. It’s like putting time in at the track and being able to test actually before you have to go out and race, so…

On the most recent Raw, Lashley defeated both Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin in a Handicap match. Lashley’s WWE Title reign will hit the six-month mark when SummerSlam rolls around.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the CarCast podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.