Goldberg still under contract with WWE, says he's "waiting for that one call to happen"

Originally published at Goldberg still under contract with WWE, says he's "waiting for that one call to happen"

Goldberg shares that he is still signed to WWE.

This past February, WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg competed in singles competition at the Elimination Chamber show in Saudi Arabia. He fell in defeat to Roman Reigns in a Universal Championship match.

That was the final match that he was contracted for, but Goldberg revealed to the New York Post that he is still signed to WWE. Below is an excerpt from the article:

Bill Goldberg hasn’t wrestled for WWE since facing Roman Reigns at “Elimination Chamber” in February and he’s waiting to find out if and when there will be a next time for him to step in a ring. He’s ready if WWE wants him.

The 55-year-old told The Post that while the match with Reigns for the Universal championship completed his obligation for the number of bouts he signed on for, he is still currently under contract with WWE.

In late 2021, Goldberg discussed how damaged one of his shoulders were and that he would have to undergo surgery. He informed The Post that he thought he would need reattachment surgery, but now does not think that is the case since he’s been rehabbing.

I have worked my ass off day, after day, after day to get to a point where I feel almost normal again. I just kind of needed that break. I needed the mental focus of understanding that surgery wasn’t an option at the time and I needed to put my ass to the grindstone.

The 55-year-old Goldberg said he’s in “pretty good shape” compared to how he felt before and he’s waiting on the WWE return call to come in one of these days.

Knowing he’s still going to have matches just continues to make me glad to not watch the WWE product.