Good guy Mick Foley

I’m sure there are many companies who don’t want their employees getting political. Countless ones in fact.

1 Like

This isn’t a thing in the UK as politics don’t have the same toxic effect on society as they do in the US.

Yeah, they also have speech laws which scares the shit out of me. I don’t know, the UK political scene seems like it would be pretty toxic, but once again America finishes first in that race.

I think it’s worth mentioning that a lot of people don’t make public political comments because of their line of work. Myself (under my real name) very much included. WWE is not unique in this regard.

It’s just really difficult I think to stay quiet when the president’s advocated for clearly illegal things, like voting twice.

Part of the reason that I stopped listening to his show was his anti-Trump ramps. I think Trump is an asshole, but I’m not listening to a wrestling podcast to hear about it

That’s the thing, even people who hate Trump don’t want there world to be consumed by him which unfortunately can be a difficult thing. You turn on any cable news channel and its ALWAYS about Trump, you go on social media and everyone is talking about Trump. You listen to a wrestling podcast like Cornette’s, and he talks about Trump. This is one of the reasons why I love John and Wai, they talk about things when they are relevant to the major current events of the day, but they dont rant about Trump or any other political figure.

Corporate culture and politics in the US are intertwined in an awful way. It’s easiest for employees to either agree with the politics of senior leadership or shut up.

A couple of examples are

1. This story of the USPS postmaster general who would reimburse republican donations of his employees. Which if proven true is against campaign finance rules. But nothings going to happen.
  1. Much worse is the list of companies like Hobby Lobby that have the right to withhold certain types of healthcare because of the “religious beliefs” of people in leadership.

However, most companies really don’t care that much what you say or post on Facebook. But I would argue it is different for WWE wrestlers because they are public figures. It could be national news if one of their biggest stars started going off on Trump everyday. It’s not the kind of attention I think anyone is seeking right now.

Politics are just unfortunately very ugly in the US.

The culture/system is one where you have two sides that are very far apart and are essentially taught to hate and vilify each other. This has always been a thing to a degree, however once Trump went into office it went to another level.