Greatest Wrestler of All Time - WINNER RIC FLAIR!

Vince McMahon. While Shane and Stephanie are pretty good at delivering promos in their own way Vince is obviously the best of the bunch and was one of the best in the Attitude era.

Austin is considered one of the best because he had such a phenomenal heel in Vince McMahon to make the feud work.

1 Like

Is Mr McMahon the greatest character in wrestling history?

Also, remarkably absent from this thread is… The Undertaker

I’d vote for Kurt Angle.

Updated Results:

Ric Flair - 5
Shawn Michaels - 2
Steve Austin - 2
Chris Jericho - 2
Kurt Angle - 2
Hulk Hogan - 1
RVD - 1
Bret Hart - 1
Eddie Guerrero - 1
Chris Benoit - 1

Please keep in mind that when the voting is over I will go back and double check just in case I made a mistake.

I’m surprised, but I’m not. Everyone seems to love Taker, but over the years I cant say I have heard many people say he is the GOAT. Maybe the best “character” of all time, but not the best overall performer.

With that said, I hope he gets a vote as he deserves to be on the list.

If this is meant to be best overall performer (which I believe the criteria should be) then there should only be 3 of the currently listed names there.

Wrestling is a performance art, similar to acting. Who people feel is the greatest of all time is subjective.
Out of curiosity, outside of Flair, who are the other two acceptable performers?

It may be subjective but it should be based on being a real draw, promo ability and the ability to perform in-ring (and that doesn’t mean being able to do gymnastic flips).

Based on that, it should be clear who the two others are.

I love how you make the “flips” comment when your pick was this:

1 Like

Really? That’s your position? You don’t strike me as being that dense so I’ll presume your are being facetious.

If you want to debate people, cool. If you want to explain why you disagree with someone’s choice, cool. You want to backup your pick, cool.

What you are doing is coming on here and just telling people that their opinions are wrong. Not saying anything to backup your statement, then when asked to specify your position, you respond with a sarcastic condescending answer. My gif was to point our your hypocrisy with the “flips” comment as I’m assuming that is a knock on Shawn, Eddie & RVD. Don’t get me wrong, Flair was great, but he wasn’t exactly the most “believable” performer of all time.

1 Like

If you think my flips comment was a knock on Eddie, RVD or Shawn then you really don’t get it.

That aside, I have clearly articulated my argument and none of those three meet all the criteria I stated as none were a real draw amd RVD can’t cut a top promo.

Ok, I dont get it. I am asking you, who are the three that you deem worthy?

The people picked are Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, RVD, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Benoit.

You responded:

I’m just asking you to clarify your position, whats the point of entering a debate if you are going to talk in circles.

If you’re not talking about anyone on the list, I dont see the point in even bringing that comment up.

I was referring to the two others voted for so far. They would be Austin and Hogan.

Sounds to me that you are just saying who the biggest draws were. Ill go back and watch a Michaels or Hart match over a Hogan match any day.

1 Like

I don’t understand how hart or RVD or eddie could ever be considered the greatest of all time but it was already mentioned that we should use whatever criteria we want.

I go overall package but clearly not everyone took that approach.

And even though I picked hogan, I also don’t really want to watch his matches.

1 Like

I mean, the argument could be made that Bret carried the WWF through its hardest times as their only real star (I’d say him and Taker for most of that period), from 92-97.

Without Bret, WWF wouldn’t have had the international success they did throughout the decade. His heel turn is instrumental in building the attitude era, and helping the launch of Austin as the most important face of the company.

Bret also helped rehab the company post Hogan / Warrior / Savage, delivering something different.

Every attempt to recreate Hogan in the 90’s between Lex, Shawn, and Nash, went back to Bret.

My two answers to this question based on in ring work and importance to the landscape of the last 90’s are honestly Bret and Austin.

I guess part of my criteria has to be that my dad (100% non wrestling fan) knows the person.

Kinda limits me to hogan, flair, rock and stone cold.

Andre too I suppose

It’s tough to argue against Austin.

Bret gets unfairly dinged for being at the top during a really awful time for the business (not his fault).

1 Like

Well you need to reread what I said as I explicitly stated otherwise. And so would I but how much you enjoy their matches represents what you enjoy watching, not who the greatest wrestler of all time is.