Gunther vs. Drew McIntyre for Intercontinental Championship looks set for WrestleMania

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/02/25/gunther-vs-drew-mcintyre-for-intercontinental-championship-looks-set-for-wrestlemania/

Another WrestleMania match seems locked in after Drew McIntyre made a direct challenge to Gunther for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

McIntyre issued the challenge on Saturday’s edition of The SmackDown Lowdown. He said:

“It’s five weeks until WrestleMania. I want Gunther, and I want the Intercontinental Championship.”

During Friday’s episode of SmackDown, McIntyre came out to the entranceway while Gunther, Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci of Imperium were facing Braun Strowman, Ricochet & Madcap Moss.

McIntyre’s ally Sheamus has also recently spoken of wanting to face Gunther for the IC Title on WWE’s ‘The Bump’. It is not known whether he will be added to the match. 

I wouldn’t rule out Sheamus finding his way into this match. He lost to Gunther twice and the second match gave him an out.

I would have preferred Gunther vs Brock, but I’m looking forward to this. I’m sure the match will be great, could even be match of the night of allowed the time.