'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan announces that his cancer treatment is not over, set to start radiation treatment

Originally published at 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan announces that his cancer treatment is not over, set to start radiation treatment

Jim Duggan is set to begin radiation treatment.

In late December, ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan made the announcement that he was cancer-free after being diagnosed with prostate cancer.

The WWE Hall of Famer took to his social media platforms today and shared that he is not done with his cancer treatment. Alongside his wife, Debra, Jim said he is scheduled to have a hormone shot and is being set up for radiation treatment which will last over a month.

He went on to add that doctors of his are very optimistic because this situation was caught early. He closed with saying that thoughts and prayers are more than welcome and he’ll get through this.

Hi folks. I hope you’ve enjoyed the pictures and videos of our travels. We’ve been having a great time. But, reality is here and I’m afraid I have some bad news. It seems like my cancer treatment is not over, even after the removal of my prostate last October. Tomorrow, I’m having my second hormone shot and Tuesday, I’m being set up for radiation treatment, which will be eight weeks, five days a week. But the doctors are very optimistic. They caught it early, but still it’s a very terrifying time for me and my family. But the doctors also said to go ahead and live life, which we’re gonna do so, I’m afraid — I’m gonna make most shows but some shows, I’m gonna have to postpone or cancel and I’m sorry about that but that’s the way it’s gotta be and I’m gonna be posting this whole ordeal as I go through it so tomorrow, on my way to the doctor, I get the hormone shots, I’m gonna be posting that. After the shots, I’ll be posting that. Throughout the whole experience, I’ll be posting it. Hopefully, it will help someone out there because I know a lot of men, a lot of families are gonna go through this and I know it’s gonna help me. You folks have helped me through an awful, awful lot over the years, many times before and sharing this with you is gonna help me get through this, so thank you and please don’t feel sorry for me. Be thankful they caught it early and thoughts and prayers are more than welcome and remember, I’ll get through this. Thanks very much folks.

Duggan is 68 years of age and regularly does signings and makes appearances. POST Wrestling would like to send our well wishes to Duggan and his family during this time.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the original source with an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcription.