Hangman Adam Page reflects on Texas Death Match with Adam Cole, says superkick split his chin wide open

Originally published at Hangman Adam Page reflects on Texas Death Match with Adam Cole, says superkick split his chin wide open

Hangman looks back on his most recent title defense.

It has been five months since Hangman Adam Page won the AEW World Title at Full Gear. Since defeating Kenny Omega for the belt, Hangman has had seven defenses.

His most recent defense took place on the 4/15 episode of Rampage when he faced Adam Cole in a Texas Death Match. Page was interviewed by Chris Van Vliet and reflected on the bout and the match wounds he came out of it with. During the match, Page did a moonsault that Cole countered with a superkick to the chin. Page said the kick split his chin wide open.

My knees. I picked up Cole for the Dead Eye off the apron through the table, but then as I was jumping, it occurred to me that I didn’t have any kneepads. I’m like, ‘Oh sh*t, this is going to hurt so bad.’ Just that and weird little cuts when you take a shower, but my chin has been split wide open. You ever had someone kick you in the middle of a backflip?

I don’t know , I kind of lost count after 7 or 8.

When Page thinks about some of the matches he’s had in AEW that he’s most proud of, the 60-minute bout with Bryan Danielson, teaming with Kenny Omega against The Young Bucks at Revolution and facing Omega at Full Gear 2021 all came to mind.

Probably the 60 minutes with Bryan. Mostly because I wrestled for 60 minutes, I thought I might die. 60 minutes is a long time to do anything, I thought I might perish but got through it. But then there is also the match with Kenny against The Bucks and winning the title, those are the 3.

On the 4/20 installment of AEW Dynamite, Hangman appeared on stage after CM Punk’s singles match and the two stared one another down. POST Wrestling has a recap of the show which can be heard on our official YouTube channel.