Hangman is joining the Dark Order....right?

The Dark Order needs a “legitimate” member. Hangman is looking for something new while teasing a heel turn.
AEW is putting a lot of effort into D.O.’s promotion and they need to stick the landing.

1 Like

Now that, I can get into.

1 Like

I was wondering more if it would be him and Spears with Tully, as for Hangman’s character that seems a natural fit with Tully.

1 Like

You turn Page and you have matches against The Elite for the next year. Omega is up first after he finishes with Pac.

1 Like

I think you would stay away from that for a bit, have him build up some wins before going after the bigger stars. I think if he were going after the elite as a tag team against the Bucks, or in singles against the Bucks would be the best place to start.

1 Like

I think Scurll is the Dark Order leader. Hangman as a heel is good though.

That would make more sense. I’m ok with heel hangman, but as I said having him team with Spears and Tully fits his cowboy character a lot better as Tully comes across like an old school tough guy. Cowboy cult leader seems out of place.

Yeah I like Hangman with Spears and Tully a lot better too.

Hangman and Tully does have some exciting possibilities, wow. I worry Hangman joining dark order could feel forced or even cheesy, but if they work the tone and let it slowly build, it could be a longer pay off.

The only worry I have with spears is I don’t find him to be charismatic in the ring. He still needs to find his character and if Hangman joins in, it could put him in the shadows again. Which, I guess could lead to him feuding with hangman. Dang, I typed my way through that angle. I should go back to work =)

2 Likes

I also think as a tag partner with Hangman he might find a better role. Like Spears is with Tully and was good leading into the Cody match, but has been lost since then, he is supposed to be a bad guy, but still is doing the 10 stuff which is dumb.

Dark Order has their leader they just need to “Break” Hangman. No. More. Cowboy.

Seems a bit early for a complete character change, and he doesn’t seem like a good choice for an underling right now. I think that would need to be a much longer story, and for me if it is a story about someone being broken it needs to be a long story and would be better with someone like Kenny than Hangman.

1 Like

Hangman definitely needs something to freshen up what he’s doing. I think he’s a great wrestler but feels lost currently. If it’s too premature for a “broken” heel turn - I could see him going into an anti-hero cowboy loner-type role who is aligned with nobody.

1 Like

If he has to wear one of those terrible masks, it’ll kill his credibility instantly.

1 Like

Yeah, think Clint Eastwood style western. That could be real good

1 Like

Its possible…I do think hes turning heel, which was teased last night but I dont see him joining the Dark Order…more likely he joins the Inner Circle or just be by himself…I could be wrong

Maybe thats how they get out of the Jericho-Moxley match. I dont see Moxley getting pinned clean so either he wins the title straight up or Page does something to help Jericho win the match and joins the Inner Circle because hes “tired of getting overlooked by people and having people like Moxley and Cody Rhodes and Kenny Omega taking his spot”

I thought 100% this is what was being teased in BTE this week

1 Like