Has hell frozen over?!

JC is defending Tony Khan?

And all it took was Ryan Satin - literally the worst “journalist” (given how biased he openly is I’m not even sure that word applies) to make it happen.

Maybe we should send Ryan to the US debates and he can have Trump and Biden singing Kumbaya

1 Like

As always, Cornette, very subtle and smooth.

3 Likes

Blind support or hate for anything, especially a wrestling company (or politician… different conversation), is bound to make you a hypocrite, liar or general clown at some point.

Satin proves it time and again. Come to think of it, so does Cornette, but I think Jim is right here. It’s a TV show first and foremost, and the company has every right to make sure their standards are upheld and their network/sponsorship agreements are fulfilled.

2 Likes

Satin’s response at the top, Corny’s clap back at the bottom.

Loving the unexpected face turn from Cornette here. It’s still a bit early for popcorn but I might have to make a bag and see how this plays out this morning.

1 Like

Well it’s AEW, so everything they do gets a pass because they’re great.

1 Like

Don’t get me started on their non-existant women’s division. They are far from perfect. (I know you’re being sarcastic).

1 Like

Firmly on Team Cornette

1 Like

Oh totally, that division is a complete embarrassment.

He is right. But why is he always so angry? I don’t follow him or listen to his podcast or know anything about him but his appearances on Dark Side were the same. He just seems angry

Who hurt you Jim Cornette…?

Cornette is right on this one especially given the censorship by the network on early AEW shows. Made the audio had to listen to at times. I’m not a huge fan of Cornette but he is usually pretty consistent about what he likes and doesn’t like

I would be more inclined to agree that he is usually pretty consistent about who he likes and doesn’t like. He will carry water for the people he likes and find a reason to hate stuff by the people he doesn’t.

1 Like

This is true, I think for guys like Kenny and the Bucks the reason he doesn’t like them remains in pretty much every match. But I remember him bashing Candice Le Rae because she once worked with Joey Ryan, I think it was on a review of her match with Io.

I totally understand why he doesn’t like the Bucks. I don’t understand a lot of their moves.

1 Like

It’s just not “Olivier” and the Bucks, it’s also Tony Khan that he has a problem with and the apparent running of AEW.

That being said, Cornette has been defending AEW before, just not in the same vein as Dave Meltzer. If AEW ran a good show in his opinion, he would say so, and I’ve heard him say so one time or another. I wouldn’t put it past him that he will once again bash the “Outlaw Mudshow Fucks” again. :stuck_out_tongue:

And it’s not Team Cornette, it’s either “Camp Cornette” or “Cult of Cornette.” Get it right next time. :slight_smile:

Adios. Off to bed.

Most of what I had heard him say about Khan when I did listen is that he let the Elite just hire their buddies etc. but I stopped listening to him a long while ago now.

2 Likes

Ryan Satin is literally a piece of sh*t. He’s deplorable. The worst journalist in WWE and on a personal level / a horrible horrible man.

Team Jim C here

2 Likes

Agreed. Ryan Satin & His wife pretend to be these really nice people, but they’re both garbage especially behind the scenes. Had a bit of a run-in with him one time, not a nice guy at all.

1 Like

He’s literally the worst

2 Likes

Glad people see that as well. Just a real funny.

1 Like

Cornette isn’t playing for a team. He doesn’t mind shitting on whoever he wants to shit on. A rare quality in the tribal nature of modern day wrestling.

1 Like