Has hell frozen over?!

I mean he is playing for team Cornette. People listen to him to hear him crap on stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah, I loved listening to his podcast, but with the time it became way too toxic, cause he started pandering to a specific audience. Still would go out of my way to listen to a podcast with him, but I can’t tell if someone invites him as a quest anymore since his toxicity just escalated - he broke his relationship with his best friend for decades over a call during a Russo podcast, he yelled at Meltzer for liking Kenny Omega and the Bucks and said he don’t want to hear from him anymore, I think he even got in an argument with Jericho about something AEW etc etc.

I can sorta understand his disdain for Kenny because of this one no showing and lying to him on the phone that he is sick and not coming to ROH, while going to Japan, but it’s been YEARS since that happened and (some) people do change (or do whatever they believe is best for their careers, which, as it turned out, is what happened with Omega). He has great mind and memory for old wrestling and it is really sad that he segregated himself into that corner and is refusing to move forward.

In this case he nailed it and it is something that does not think twice to see the difference. On the other hand I would not be surprised if Satin has been on his sh*t list for a while. And Corny LOVES to jump on an opportunity.

1 Like

I tend to agree with most of what you said. Well said.

1 Like

Pachingsh.

1 Like

Well, when you try to make money off a tee-shirt depicting a knife through someone’s head, I get why a person would want to sue. A) You’re making money of their likeness. B) Its depicting the persons murder.

1 Like

Fuck Cornette. He publicly wished G-Raver death. A shirt is a fair response.

No defense of that, that’s a dumb thing to say (Cornette, not you). Either way, someone being deserving of something, and it being legally ok are two different things.

Whether he’s deserving or not, you can’t make money on someone else’s likeness. My guess is an injunction will be filed and the shirts wont be sold. Dumb all around.

Actually…

I don’t know who any of these people are (except Cornette and I never listen to him). Based on this thread I think I’ll try to keep it that way. They all sound like horrible people.

1 Like

It went to court and that was the result? Or is this person giving their legal opinion?

She’s a law professor and writes about entertainment and trademark law - and is reporting on the court ruling.

1 Like

Based on the original comment “Cornette threatens to sue” I assumed it hadn’t gone to court yet. If the court ruled against him, I wonder if he appeals. I feel like he could win, though I really don’t care lol as this just screams two people acting shitty towards each other.

Don’t know who these idiots that made they T-shirt are but, legal or not, they seem like cunts. I guess trashy people have to make a living somehow.

Or, maybe the one wishing death on somebody in the first place to his cult like fanatics is the trashy person to begin with.

Cornette followers regularly shit on people online all the time, and he regularly stokes those flames.

Ps… On sale here:
https://clownettescircus.bigcartel.com/

Saying something and depicting something aren’t the same thing. Plenty of idiots will say that they want Vince to die so WWE becomes better but they wouldn’t be in the same category as someone who tries to sell a T-shirt with a dead Vince on it. People’s hatred will make them justify some foul shit. I guess we have to include you in this.

And wrestling fans shitting on each other? Wow, that never happens…

“Clownette” lol. This guy is exhibiting all the wit and intelligence of your typical alt-right prick who leaves Twitter for Parler because “muh freedom of speech.” I can’t imagine supporting that type of buffoonery but that’s just me.