Have any of you tried DDP yoga?

I’m used to doing regular YouTube yoga workouts (Yoga with Adrienne), so it might be jarring to go over to DDP’s style. I think all the Jericho shameless plugs put me off too.

Yes, been using it for officially a year now, and love it. Don’t have an issue with DDP’s personality as some do, and find it actually friendly/encouraging (if at times a bit cheeseball, but I am well beyond paying attention to it other than for calling out the positions). I had already lost about 90lbs from just walking and eating at a deficit for the year prior to starting, so was using it mostly to gain flexibility/core strength/tone for the first time since high school, and it definitely helped in all of those regards… but it takes time. No bullshit, it really has helped with back and knee problems that plagued me for a while, just by building up those muscles and stabilizers that weren’t there before holding stuff in place properly.

It is really easy, kind of addicting (I feel like shit when I talk myself into skipping a day out of laziness), you just have to put aside the 20-30 minutes three-four days a week to do it, plus 50 minutes for the bigger long out once a week once you get there (which isn’t for half a year on the schedule). There is also the meal plan which is essentially eating like a diabetic does. I would just plug in MyFitnessPal on that front as a good way to figure out what you’re eating, how much you need to be eating, and learn the quality/quantity of food you’re eating.

1 Like

I use the DDP program pretty much five days a week on the app, I had back issues most of my adult life and have found that my overall strength especially my back has increased a great deal. Often the offer a one month free trial on the app you’ll know after 30 days if it’s for you or not and I use different workouts every week kept my time at 40 minutes and probably have about 15 different workouts I can do so you’re never too bored. If you follow one of his plans on the app for about a month you’ll know if this works for you or not but I would say if you’re somebody who is looking to start the new year by dropping a few pounds this plus a diet change would certainly be something worth trying

I can’t recommend it enough. I’ve been doing it on off for nearly 4 years and can really feel the benefits. I’m more flexible and I generally move a lot better. I’ve got a few aches and pains (neck and back mainly). I find that, if I don’t do DDP Yoga for a few days, my back hurts and I get kinda lethargic.

Sometimes, I wonder if it’s intense enough and if I should do another form of exercise alongside it. However, the reason I like DDP Yoga is it’s sustainable. You can do it every day and keep it up. It’s something I could see myself doing for years. I’ve tried other programs (like Insanity) and I could see the benefits after three weeks or so, but I was tired, in pain and wanted to give up. DDP Yoga is something I can happily do every day for at least 25-30 mins.

The app is definitely the way forward as the DVDs are expensive. I can’t recommend the heart rate monitor enough either - it really helps you know what calories you’re burning and if you need to up the intensity or relax. I’d grab a trial on the app if possible and if you like it, grab a heart rate monitor.

This is a great review and mirrors. my experience as well.

I’d encourage anyone to try the program (I have the old DVDs). Seems kinda weird to say but it improved the quality of my life. It’s helped with a lower back issue I’ve had for years.

A lot of other programs I’ve tried were great but just way too intense. Like I could never imagine doing P90x long term but that’s not the case with ddp.

I like the shorter workouts during the week and I’ll add in the longer ones on the weekend.

I wish there were a few more 30 min workouts. How’s the app?

1 Like

I used it. It works

Thanks - it sounds like our experiences with DDP Yoga are pretty similar. My back was starting to hurt before I started the program and it’s been a lot better since I started.

The app is great. You need a Bluetooth heart rate monitor to get the most from it but it’s worth it. The app tracks heart rates, calories burned etc. It offers a ton of workouts too - all the classic and version 2 workouts, plus an archive of the live workouts. Cool thing is, it divides them up by duration (20 mins, 30 mins etc) so you can find the shorter ones, if you’re running low on time.

Like you, sometimes I just wanna do a quick 30 mins workout. There’s quite a few 30 mins live workouts archived that I use, did a great 27 minute live workout from the archive this morning :+1:

1 Like

Nice

Is the monthly fee really$30 or am I missing something?

1 Like

Not sure about the US/Canada, but I pay around £8.99 a month here in the UK. Not sure how the pay structure works truthfully - I only signed up to the app because they had a offer on for £9 a month. Before that it was annual/3 months plans only.

I got the offer as I bought the DVD’s from the DDPY site years ago and the offer was sent to those registered on the site.

1 Like