Hikaru Shida addresses her status after removal from Owen Hart Cup

Originally published at Hikaru Shida addresses her status after removal from Owen Hart Cup

Hikaru Shida has issued several statements regarding her removal from the Owen Hart Cup tournament, which was announced on Friday’s edition of AEW Rampage.

On the show, it was stated that Shida sustained an injury during the Philadelphia Street Fight against Serena Deeb and would be replaced in the tournament by Kris Statlander.

Shida responded on Twitter by indicating she was not injured:

Well…. I already had 4 matches after the street fight and just finished the greatest fighting musical show.
But I seem to have been injured…
Japanese wrestling is nothing for them. I’m so sorry.
And sorry couldn’t be in the tournament too.

— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) May 13, 2022

I’m glad from my heart that Kris is in the tournament now.
And I’m gonna try to enjoy sudden holidays in Japan because it has been a while before I had.
Be positive!

— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) May 13, 2022

The Philadelphia Street Fight took place on April 27th. Since the match, Shida has wrestled four matches in Japan with her last match taking place last Sunday for OZ Academy.

After several hours, Shida posted a lengthier statement addressing the confusion noting she was checked by a doctor after the match with Deeb adding that she could not re-enter the country in time before noting, “I feel healthy.

#AEW pic.twitter.com/2Rf94KZk9t

— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) May 14, 2022

Her replacement, Kris Stalander, will wrestle Red Velvet in the opening round of the Owen Hart Cup with the match airing on Rampage next Friday.