Homicide comments on 2022 ROH Hall of Fame inductees, says he better be in the next class

Originally published at Homicide comments on 2022 ROH Hall of Fame inductees, says he better be in the next class

Homicide thinks he should be in the second ROH Hall of Fame class.

The first group of inductees into the Ring of Honor Hall of Fame were: CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, The Briscoes (Mark & Jay Briscoe) along with former ROH owner Cary Silkin being honored with the ‘Legacy Award’.

In interviews following the announcement, Samoa Joe and The Briscoes expressed that they would’ve liked to seen Homicide included in the first group. Homicide told the Battleground Podcast that he appreciates their consideration and touched on his Indie Wrestling Hall of Fame induction.

Homicide’s first class for the ROH Hall of Fame includes Joe, Punk, The Briscoes and Jay Lethal. He went on to add that for the next go-around, he better be included and said he’d like to see Christopher Daniels inducted as well.

Oou, I don’t know if you heard but Game Changer Wrestling did a Hall of Fame for me. It was about the independents of Hall of Fame and I was the first one and to me, it was real. I was so happy about it. I had a speech and of course I blacked out, I said a couple of things, dropping ‘f bombs’ out there. . He should be number two, he should be next year.’ Like I said, I’m honored man.

But like I said, with the Hall of Fame, Ring of Honor, man it’d be a blessing to be on class number two. I’m gonna be man. Whoever’s the boss, it could be Tony Khan, Christopher Daniels — I think he’s another one who should be class number two but, that’s another story but yeah man, I better be there.

AEW President Tony Khan acquired Ring of Honor and has been the owner of the company for a full month. Homicide hopes the future is bright for ROH and that Khan does right by the Ring of Honor name.

I hope the future is bright , I hope everything goes well. I mean we need more wrestling in this crazy world called planet earth and Ring of Honor made a lot of history man. I was part of the promotion day one and I was one of those guys who bring fire to the people like Samoa Joe, American Dragon, CM Punk, all those guys that people see on TV right now and I’m hoping, I’m hoping that Tony Khan does good for the company and I hope the guys bust their butt and make a living and also support — have the fans love the new product. So I hope the future is bright for Ring of Honor.

Homicide is the current NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion and he’ll be defending his title on the 4/26 episode of Powerrr. This coming weekend at PowerrrTrip 2, he has another scheduled title defense against Colby Corino.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Battleground Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.