How does AEW respond?

They also put a wrestler on PPV who has come from another country and not been through any kind of quarantine.

It doesn’t matter what they say. All will be forgiven. People have bought into the cult hook line and sinker and won’t turn on them. The Brexit of wrestling

2 Likes

I understood what @Bdubz meant; obviously I am refering to how much I’ll buy into in the realm of pro wrestling where the pre-requisite ticket to entry is suspension of disbelief.

2 Likes

This is how they respond

1 Like

I think that’s what people like. The AEW audience likes silliness. For a long time I couldn’t understand why anyone would want to see orange Cassidy pretend to kick people and be lazy.I’ve arrived at the conclusion that I’m either too old or not in their target demographic for some of that stuff. Although I love their shows I usually end up fast forwarding a few things because I know it’ll be silly and I don’t like silliness.

2 Likes

AEW! AEW! AEW!

That was fucking amazing. One of the best things I’ve seen in wrestling.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of her gimmick (yet) and literally skipped her entrance in the episode of the women’s tournament I watched. However making a big deal of that is really pathetic, especially when you’re tagging daddy Cornette. Cornette has built an army of manchildren desperate to seek his approval with their own dumb takes.

This was bad pro wrestling, simple as that. A wrestler who doesn’t know how (yet) to hit people with a microphone and make it look remotely impactful while not harming their opponent. It wasn’t meant to be funny, she’s just genuinely bad at it. It has nothing to do with the silly humour of Orange Cassidy and other gimmicks.

2 Likes

Yeah Itoh wasn’t good that match in its entirety would have been better without her inclusion. I think if you are a foreign wrestler you need to be great in ring. Her character work might do well in Japan but falls a bit short when trying to translate to the American audience. Having Excalibur explain her gimmick is never good.

The only men-children are the “Booker of the Year” who thought this was “entertaining” and that this amateur should be anywhere near their product never mind be featured on national tv and those who have this fetish/predilection with Japanese women in childlike dress.

Any adult would be embarrassed watching this and wouldn’t try to justify it. It has reached the stage where it must be a deliberate attempt by AEW to troll everyone other than their hardcore audience because you cannot be so incompetent and lack that much awareness of how these weekly amateur-hour, self-inflicted mistakes will be criticised.

Shout out to the best booker in the world, the great Tony Khan for his amazing show this week and putting the haters in their places.

1 Like

Best booker AND best promoter. The guy is the best

2 Likes

If by “best promoter” you mean best at over promising and under delivering, then I’m with you :100:.

1 Like

I like when we are in on the joke with them. As a follower of BTE for a while it’s very fun to see silly things make their way into the actual TNT TV product that you recognize as inside jokes for the BTE audience. I feel invested in this company because for years they’ve invested in satisfying their fans and not taking us for granted. (by “us” I mean a portion of the audience who does enjoy following BTE and their journey from way back when)

2 Likes

Yes no I totally get that. Ive tried to watch BTE and I it’s not for me and either is the silliness like a girl crying during a match and a guy not trying etc. However I’ve come to learn that for people invested in them it’s good and the bottom line is it gets over. So that’s all that matters even if I dont like it a lot more people do than don’t.

2 Likes

I agree that Khan is probably the best booker this year…best promoter? No.

Most fan friendly promoter? Sure. But best promoter ultimately comes down to money, and Khan isn’t even close to Vince in that regard. To be honest, I don’t even think Khan would call himself “best promoter”, that’s fan fiction.

1 Like

Or Dana. It’s probably Dana as best promoter TBH

It’s like box office draw. How is this an award you vote on? And if anyone voted for Moxley over Conor you really need to have your voting rights revoked. This is easily something you can calculate but yet sure enough some people have Mox, a guy who can’t sell 200k buys, the nod over a guy who could sell 1mill in his sleep

3 Likes

Oh sure, I was think wrestling only. If you count UFC, it’s likely Dana. I agree.

Not a lot about Christian Cage on here. But man, if they hadn’t said anything and he just showed up, it would have been a very big deal as a surprise, and could have possibly led to some additional people checking out Dynamite just to see him. Unfortunately, they made a big announcement, and Christian Cage is not a big enough star to live up to the hype that was provided.

4 Likes

Very true, though personally I have zero desire to see Christian Cage in AEW regardless of how they did it.

1 Like

I think a surprise showing up unannounced would always have been better no matter who it was. With a lead in hyping it up unless you are signing a huge A list name that would totally shock people it is better to leave it as a total surprise. It is the same problem WWE runs into with “mystery” tag partners your hoping for like the Rock to show up but instead it is Breezango. Like if the tease for Revolution ended up being say John Cena people would have lost their minds because no one would ever believe it could happen, Cristian just isn’t on that level. He might have been a bit more of a shock as well if he hadn’t just been on the rumble and this was his return after he was supposedly never working again. Still probably not a big enough name but at least it might shock people.

2 Likes

It’s the equivalent of having a quarterback who literally cannot throw. Think ppl will make a big deal of it