How does AEW respond?

Yeah Saturday’s are much better IMO. Also avoids going up against the NFL.

If you’re Canadian it’s like 40 bucks a month.

If it’s a quarterly thing, I don’t mind a show going late. And as you say, for entertainment options, I’d rather stay home on a Sunday evening than Saturday.

Where? I only saw it on BR live?

No no, I mean to watch a WWE “special event” is not $5 a month for Canadians. Last I remember the WWE Network is $11.99 a month + a active cable subscription (which would cost about 30 bucks I assume).

Oh lol. Well I guess that’s one way to do the math. Although I imagine no one is ordering cable just for wwe. You could VPN into the states and buy it directly I think but likely not anymore

I’m not sure that holds for a price unless the only reason you have cable is the network. Given that reasoning I could list the price of internet into a network subscription in the US.

WWE network in Canada is actually 14.99 a month.

Personally, I don’t understand why people have cable to be honest.

1 Like

Is IPTV legal? Someone at work was telling me it is and see they even sell on kijiji now

The majority of of what people buy into as IPTV is not.
But people are incredibly ignorant about what piracy looks like these days.

If you’re paying a very low fee for thousands of options and subscription services… chances are it’s illegal.

6 Likes

I don’t have cable, but at think the answer is largely a combination of sports and familiarity. Also with a lot of channels having their own streaming services now if you watch a lot of things in different places it is probably cheaper.

Depends on who your provider is. For example, my mom is with Cogeco and she uses them for her phone and her internet. If you buy the buy the bundle (phone, cable, internet) it’s cheaper then just get phone and internet. Now, she has basic cable mind you, but in her situation it makes sense considering she wants to use Cogeco (she has used them for 30 years).

I know this to be true because I had to call myself and ask for prices when my father passed away as she didn’t originally want cable and I had to switch the account to her name for her.

1 Like

Yeah as someone who orders PPV I can tell it makes no sense to pay 10 bucks a month for all cable channels and PPV events etc. But a lot of people have convinced themselves it’s legal bc it’s so openly advertised

2 Likes

I use cable almost solely for sports. If there is a reliable alternative, in canada, I would like to hear about it.