How I'd Fix The Explosives Match Problem

Brock burying Ricochet was disappointing, as it could’ve been a good match, but you can still buy into Brock destroying Ricochet. Eddie Kingston selling a little pyro, that was nowhere near him, as if an IED went off is just embarrassing.

2 Likes

Maybe in theory they are the same, but I don’t think it’s the same in perception. Both are bad, don’t get me wrong, but people aren’t even going to remember the Last Man Standing match botch in a month as the visual alone just doesn’t stand out. The “Explosion” has gone viral…I’m seeing it all over tik tok, IG, FB etc. This is the shockmaster 2.0.

2 Likes

You know, if there’s a botch in an exploding barbwire death match, let’s just be glad it was that. It could have been a lot worse.

2 Likes

Pardon the pun, but I think that’s blowing things out of proportion.

If Fred Ottman had any sort of successful run in WCW, his debut would be a footnote.

Nobody equates Sting, or the other participants with the Chamber of Horror match.

It was a big botch of a moment - but I assume nobody’s careers are done (minus whomever was in charge of that pyro…).

Oh I didnt mean that, I think all of AEW, Kingston, Mox, and Omega will be just fine, I didn’t mean to imply that the botch will hurt any of them. What I do feel is that the botch itsself is one that we will be talking about 20 years from now given how unique it was, it will be remembered. The last man standing botch is something that will just blur together will all the other crap we have seen on Raw the past few years.

1 Like

To be fair, the entire concept of the Shockmaster was bad. A glittery stormtrooper helmet, a fur vest, blue jeans and cowboy boots; it looked horrid. Ole Anderson doing a Dr. Claw voice off screen was stupid. The trip was funny. I’d say this was only the trip…

1 Like

Can’t disagree with that lol. Where it’s similar to the explosion, is when both moments happened, 99% of fan watching had their jaws drop. The last man standing match, many fans didn’t even notice. It’s all about the visual, and that explosion will never leave my mind lol.

With all that said, at the end of the day shit happens. As much as we all bitch about things we see on TV, stuff like that could easily happen to us as well. It’s impossible to have a perfect product that goes mistake free. It’s real life, and there is human error involved. It is what it is.

1 Like

And, even unintentionally, they gave us something we’ll be talking about in ten years.

1 Like