How were yesterdays Toronto shows?

Hey everyone,

I’m just wondering how any of the shows were last night in Toronto?

Interested in the OWE show as I’m going to the taping in Liverpool in September. Also, is there anyone on the Smash roster I should be checking out? I’m familar with the Progress guys but not so much with the Smash roster.

Thanks everyone!

Will be reviewing both shows on the Hangout today.

3 Likes

I was at the evening show, the Smash crew were so good, and the PROGRESS talent were very popular at the merch tables. Jordan Devlin vs. TARIK was the best match, and I also liked WALTER/Kevin Bennett and Toni Storm/Jody Threat.

1 Like

Brilliant, looking forward to listening! Did it look like either shows were being filmed? I haven’t seen either promotion posting about the shows being available on demand.

That’s good to hear! I’ve really been enjoying Devlin’s matches in Progress recently, highly recommend his match with Ilja from Chapter 91 if you haven’t seen it. I’m not familiar with TARIK, Kevin Bennett or Jody Threat so I look forward to watching the cards if they’re made available.

I went to the OWE show and I thought it was great. T-Hawk & El Lindaman, Private Party vs. Christopher Daniels & CIMA, and Mike Bailey vs. Gao Jingjia were standout matches. Gao is someone to keep your eye on in the future.

My 12 year-old son and I attended both the OWE and Smash vs. Progress shows on Wednesday (and even met John Pollock).

The OWE show was very fun. Dark Order vs. Stronghearts was my favourite match of the day, and the main event of Speedball vs. Flying Prince(?) was also strong. We met and took pictures with many of the wrestlers before the show. Cima and the Stronghearts were very accommodating and friendly, while Daniels seemed to be going through the motions (even my son questioned his sincerity) and he was charging $10 per photo (the only wrestler we came across doing this the entire day).

The Smash vs. Progress show was a blast too. We decided to attend after enjoying the OWE show and took a chance on GA seats purchased at the door. We ended up fourth row beside the ramp for $25 a seat. I was not familiar with many of the Smash wrestlers, but man do people hate the Smash champion, Kevin Bennett. Again, my son and I met many of the wrestlers before and after the show, and I must say that Trent Seven and Jordan Devlin specifically were fantastic to my son.

The bottom line for me was that for a reasonable amount of money (about $120 total spent for two people to see two shows), we were entertained for six(ish) hours and my wrestling-obsessed son came away with about a dozen pictures of himself with wrestlers. I’d go to either again any time.

2 Likes